Public Safety Officer Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Bethlehem - 79 views
Public Safety Officer - Armed
Provide safety services for the college community including protection of students, staff, college facilities, property and institution. Position will require flexible hours, including weekend hours, up to 25 hrs/week.
(1) Maintains a highly visible armed presence on campus.
(2) Complete all necessary certifications and yearly re-certifications in firearms, Tasers, handcuffing, OC and baton.
(3) Provides an exceptional level of professionalism and customer service
(4) Assists immediate supervisor with dissemination of information to all officers.
(5) Provides direction and responds clearly to questions from students, staff and visitors
(6) Conducts follow-up investigations and collaborates with Student Affairs staff members to address student conduct concerns.
(7) Monitors crime and safety hazards and follows the reporting procedure for same.
(8) Prepares incident reports and maintains accurate records.
(9) Have knowledge of crisis plans, alarms, and computer center systems.
(10) Maintains a safe environment for vehicular and pedestrian traffic.
(11) Enforces campus vehicle parking regulations, assists with jump starts and vehicle lock-outs.
(12) Allows access to campus facilities for authorized individuals.
(13) Acts as a first responder for campus emergencies, including critical incidents, fire, medical, bomb threats and crises intervention.
(14) Maintains institutional compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws as well as college policies and procedures.
(15) Receives, transports and deposits college funds appropriately.
(16) Delivers presentations and training on a wide variety of topics to the campus community upon request.
(17) Patrol campus on foot, in a vehicle and on bicycle when necessary.
(1) Education: High School diploma or equivalent required. PA State Act 235 Certification (Firearms) required.
(2) Skills, Knowledge, Abilities: (a) Valid driver's license; (b) Completion and annual renewal CPR/ AED certification; (c) Strong organizational, communicative and leadership skills; (d) Ability to summarize information and prepare reports; (e) Computer literate; (f) Ability to lift 25 pounds and climb several flights of stairs; ability to walk and stand for several hours at a time; (g) Ability to execute multiple tasks and assignments; (e) Ability to function in a crisis situation; (f) Able to understand and carry out written, e-mailed or verbal instruction; (g) Ability to maintain confidentiality; (h) Ability to successfully pass all initial certifications and yearly re-certifications in firearms, Tasers, handcuffing, OC and baton; (i) Ability to successfully pass both a Drug and Psychological Screening.
(3) Experience: Minimum two years public safety, law enforcement or other related experience and/or training required.
The number of positions hired varies from semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department and the College. Please understand that there may not presently be a position available at the time of your application. When an opening becomes available, the hiring manager will look to this pool of candidates for consideration. At the time of completing application, you will need the following documents to upload:
- Cover Letter
***The system limits 5 documents to upload. You will need to save multiple documents into one PDF***
The staff and faculty of Northampton Community College share a single goal: to help students transform their lives through education. It’s a goal that reaps rewards thousands of times over the course of a career.
Employees at Northampton receive competitive compensation and an array of benefits while working on campuses located in a region with a very high quality of life. We invite you to consider applying for one of our currently available positions.