Property Manager - Clinton Housing Development Company Inc First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC) Job7 months ago - Real Estate Jobs - New York City - 239 views
Nature of Work
The Building Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day management of buildings as assigned. Each building manager is assigned certain buildings for which s/he is the primary contact person. Building Managers are active on-call during the week and on assigned weekends and holidays on a rotational basis. The Building Manager additionally handles the administrative management of all CHDC managed properties including certification renewals, etc.
Responsibilities: Building Management
· Process building maintenance and repair projects and requests for assigned buildings.
· Monitor complaint log daily, process all requests, and concerns as necessary.
· Contact Director of Maintenance or Director of Housing Management before contracting vendors to complete maintenance and renovation projects for assigned building (including obtaining bids, writing purchase orders, verifying work completion
· Review and approve all bills and invoices for assigned buildings.
· Ensure that regular maintenance procedures occur, including but not limited to fuel delivery and extermination for all CHDC buildings and clients.
· Review rent arrearages for assigned buildings and meet monthly with Building Management Department to coordinate with Social Services staff on rent recovery procedures and/or commence legal actions.
· Submit rent roll adjustments for all rent roll changes for units at assigned buildings to Director of Housing Management for approval.
· Conduct and manage with Building Management team tenant screening processes from open house to move-in for buildings and clients, and assist with all CHDC Tenant Selection.
· Process annual recertification for each tax credit units.
· Prepare and deliver to HPD Sec 8 mod rehab applications, and move-in/move-out information
· Attend tenant meetings to address building management issues.
· Distribute monthly financial reports to CHDC clients.
· Attend monthly coop board meetings for assigned buildings.
· Represent CHDC in court cases that may involve rent settlements, evictions, harassment, etc.
· Act as primary contact person for city agencies when necessary.
· Produce monthly DHS Vacancy Reports.
· Maintain DHS standard incident report book.
· Provide regular supervision to superintendents and front desk staff.
· Perform annual evaluations for superintendents and front desk staff.
· Attend weekly staff meetings.
· Attend job related workshops, i.e. Tax Credit, etc.
· Act as on-call building managers on rotating weekends and holidays and back up for other building managers.
- Handle all HPD, Sanitation Department, Fire Department and Building Department violation issues, if necessary
- Schedule and manage annual boiler inspections for all CHDC buildings and clients.
- Monitor and maintain current files on multiple dwelling registrations, fuel tank permits, heating plant-operating certificates for all CHDC owned and managed buildings.
- Prepare and execute apartment leases and subleases for buildings and clients.
- Process multiple dwelling registrations with HPD as required by law for all CHDC buildings.
- Apply for legal rent increases through DHCR in privately owned buildings.
- Register with DHCR all rent stabilized units in all CHDC buildings.
- Produce weekly reports for departmental open tasks.
- Produce, distribute and maintain co-op meeting minutes/open tasks tracking.
- Five years experience in property management with heavy administrative oversight; experience working with diverse populations; experience working with affordable housing preferred.
- Computer literacy including MS Office and Access; excellent administrative and organizational skills, strong written and oral communication skills; ability to juggle multiple tasks; ability to work within timeframes; Spanish speaking a plus.
Director of Operations
Front Desk Staff
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com