PROJECT MANAGER - STRATEGIC PROJECTS / MORRISON Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Charleston - 77 views
This Project Manager position, reporting into Strategic Projects, offers a unique opportunity to gain exposure leading impactful enterprise wide business initiatives in a Fortune 500 company. Projects include business mergers, enterprise wide process change, large scale solution delivery and operation support to strategic accounts. Each project is carefully selected to achieve a significant return for the company and adds value to the growth of the Compass Group. A successful candidate will own the complete life cycle of key projects and drive necessary change throughout.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with all stakeholders, including senior executives, sponsors, business owners and field operations
- Document and analyze information and processes to solve critical business issues
- Build and manage (directly and indirectly) teams to meet the resource needs required of each project
- Create and execute end-to-end project plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Proactively communicate project details across all levels of the organization and across multiple departments in a clear and concise manner
- Coordinate project activities between team members, while maximizing their productivity to achieve project goals
- Build internal and external business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- Identify, assess and minimize risks throughout the project life cycle
- Create and maintain all project documentation pertinent to the project, including but not limited to, status reports, work plans, presentations
- Understand team dynamics and adapt project management methodology as needed to ensure project success
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations for change; identify flaws in logic or assumption errors
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Assist in developing project management best practices
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Graduate degrees preferred - MBA/ CPA /MSOD
- PMP and/or Lean Sigma certifications preferred
- 5 years experience managing large, complex enterprise projects, particularly those involving a medium to significant degree of change across the organization
- “Big 4” consulting experience preferred
- Proven ability to define and execute change strategies
- Proven ability to influence and manage external resources in a highly matrix’ d environment
- Proven ability address competing priorities within a single project with a positive, can-do attitude
- Proven business analytical capabilities to solve complex business issues
- Proven ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency Microsoft Office, Project and Visio programs
- Travel as needed (less than 25%)
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
We provide award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, schools, arenas, museums, remote sites, and more. In addition, we are proud to provide state-of-the-art vending and office coffee solutions.
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Compass Group North America has the privilege of serving such prestigious clients as IBM, United Technologies Corp., SAP, Mount Sinai Hospital NYC, Louisiana State University, and Texas A&M University. In addition, Compass Group provides catering to special events such as the US Open and the Academy Awards®.