Program Officer, Rural and Native American Programs Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Other categories - Denver - 114 views
Job Description Summary
The Enterprise Rural and Native American Programs is seeking a Program Officer to join our team to support the delivery of programs and resources that build capacity of affordable housing and community and economic development organizations.
The new Program Officer will support the implementation of multiple capacity building cohorts that deliver trainings and targeted technical assistance. Responsibilities will include providing direct technical assistance, coaching and training to partners pursuing affordable housing and community and economic development opportunities in rural and Native communities.
The Program Officer will report to our Senior Program Director and will work closely with the Rural and Native American team and across other teams and business units at Enterprise, public agencies, elected officials, affordable housing developers, Tribally Designated Housing Entities, and community-based organizations across rural America. The location of the position is flexible to a number of Enterprise office locations nationally, upon return to a safe office working environment. Must be available to travel up to 25% time when the ability to travel safely resumes.
Application Requirements: Resume + Cover Letter
Potential opportunity for the position to be remote full time.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building resources for the development and preservation of rural and Native housing including both rental and homeownership opportunities.
- Deliver training and information to nonprofit organizations, government entities, local communities and others to enhance local capacity to respond to their housing needs.
- Collaborate across Enterprise divisions to deploy programing as relevant to rural and Native communities.
- Provide project and program management through the coordination of deliverables, managing deadlines and logistics.
- Complete reporting requirements for programmatic work as assigned.
- Support partners in their understanding financing and funding opportunities at federal and state levels for rural and Native housing and community development.
- Represent Enterprise at external meetings and conferences.
- Support or lead other programmatic activities of the Rural and Native American Programs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Understanding and familiarity with USDA Rural Development 515 and 514/516 Programs, HUD SHOP and USDA Mutual Self-Help, Low-Income Housing Tax Credits, NAHASDA and other housing programs and financing sources.
- Experience with affordable housing development financing and pro forma development for new constructions and preservation.
- Experience working the state Housing Finance Agencies, municipalities, and other key stakeholders in housing and community development efforts.
- Experience living and/or working in rural or Native communities.
- Six (6) years relevant experience; graduate degree may be substituted for up to two (2) years of experience
- Thorough knowledge of and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
- Excellent grammar, editing and proofreading skills to produce complete, correct correspondence, proposals, reports and white papers.
- Strong communication skills with ability to clearly express ideas, thoughts and concepts verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated professionalism, diplomacy, composure, flexibility and ability to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Strong initiative with ability to seek out relevant information prior to making timely decisions.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate complex activities prioritize conflicting demands and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and take responsibility for moving tasks forward with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coordinate complex activities, meet deadlines, and use good judgment in managing conflicting demands and priorities.
- Commitment to supporting an anti-racist work environment and advancing racial equity.
- Incumbent is expected to:
- Demonstrate strong ethics in interpersonal relations.
- Work as an effective, collaborative team member.
- Continually improve systems and procedures within own job, office and organization.
- Treat internal and external customers with respect, honesty and professionalism.
Type here to search...
Enterprise Community Partners
Working at Enterprise means creating opportunity for low- and moderate income people through affordable housing in thriving communities. Enterprise offers career opportunities in our offices across the country with an exceptional benefits package. The Enterprise family of companies includes:
Enterprise Community Partners
Enterprise Community Investment
Enterprise Business Partners
Enterprise Community Development (ECD)