Program Officer, Capital Solutions and Most Vulnerable Populations Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Other categories - New York City - 107 views
Job Description Summary
The Enterprise New York office is seeking a Program Officer to join the Capital Solutions and Most Vulnerable Populations teams, playing a key role in implementing programs that facilitate the creation and preservation of quality, healthy affordable housing; building the organizational capacity of mission-based partners; and advancing initiatives that support the most vulnerable New Yorkers.
Enterprise is a national nonprofit on a mission to make home and community places of pride, power and belonging for all. To make that possible, we operate the only organization designed to address America's affordable housing crisis from every angle: we develop and deploy programs and support community organizations on the ground; we advocate for nonpartisan policy at every level of government; we invest capital to build and preserve rental homes people can afford; and we own, operate and provide resident services for affordable communities. All so that people not only make rent, they build futures. With this end-to-end approach, 40 years of experience and thousands of local partners, Enterprise has built and preserved 793,000 affordable homes, invested $61 billion in communities, and changed millions of lives.
Enterprise's New York office is comprised of more than 70 staff. We recognize diversity as a driving force that allows us to further our goal of building stronger communities, ending housing insecurity, and lifting individuals out of poverty. We believe an inclusive environment broadens our perspective, enabling us to better support the communities we serve, and makes for a richer, more dynamic place to work every day.
The Program Officer works closely with the Directors and colleagues of the Capital Solutions and Most Vulnerable Populations teams to develop and execute programs supporting community development in New York State.
- Play a collaborative role in developing new initiatives, including justice involved housing, health and housing and other initiatives related to housing, resilience and upward mobility.
- Manage an early predevelopment and capacity building program for mission-based non-profits with limited housing experience, including faith-based institutions.
- Perform underwriting analysis for organizational working capital loans and/or early-stage predevelopment loans for a variety of potential affordable housing developments.
- Design and execute new programs, including engaging with a diverse set of stakeholders, creating competitive requests for proposals, reviewing due diligence for pass-through grants and contracts, and tracking and reporting progress.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of colleagues, developers, community-based organizations, and public sector staff.
- Create white papers, program guides, case studies, and presentations.
- Represent Enterprise at external events, including speaking at trainings and panels and facilitating meetings.
- Supervise and provide professional development support to AmeriCorps VISTA.
- Participate in Enterprise NY's racial equity working group.
- Undergraduate degree and at least three (3) years of experience in community development, planning or other related area; graduate degree in business or planning; MUP, MPA or MBA may be substituted for up to two (2) years of experience.
- Experience working in collaborative teams and a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy and quality of work.
- Ability to work independently, managing multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment, often under stringent deadlines
- Curiosity, flexibility, and excitement about sharing new skills and knowledge.
- Strong understanding of affordable housing; previous experience in community development, banking and finance, real estate, nonprofit, real estate development or relevant field.
- Familiarity with the needs of faith-based organizations and community-based organizations in New York preferred.
- Familiarity with challenges faced by people impacted by the criminal justice system and the needs of homeless and formerly homeless families preferred.
- Strong commitment to Enterprise's mission, racial equity and social justice.
To apply, please provide a cover letter and resume
Type here to search...
Enterprise Community Partners
Working at Enterprise means creating opportunity for low- and moderate income people through affordable housing in thriving communities. Enterprise offers career opportunities in our offices across the country with an exceptional benefits package. The Enterprise family of companies includes:
Enterprise Community Partners
Enterprise Community Investment
Enterprise Business Partners
Enterprise Community Development (ECD)