Program Officer At I Challenge Myself Bachelor's Degree Job8 months ago - NGO/Non-Profit Jobs - New York City - 102 views
The Program Manager has overall accountability for the growth, quality and success of ICM’s program operations, its’ students, and staff. The Program Manager serves as the overall team leader for all of ICM’s programs throughout New York City. (S)he/they play an integral role in implementing program strategy, ensuring that existing programs and program growth align with overall organizational strategy. (S)he/they is responsible for managing site directors and achieving program targets.
The Program Manager is also responsible for quality assurance of programs through effective staffing plans and quantifiable tracking and reporting metrics. (S)he/they will directly manage two DYCD Site Directors and indirectly manage the performance of our program staff, reinforcing organizational culture, youth development practices and consistency in programming.
- The Program Manager reports to the Director of Programs
- Directly supervise Cycling and Fitness Coaches, Compass Site Directors, and Group FItness Instructors
- Design and facilitate Rites of Passage program in partnership with Coaches.
- Design learning opportunities for students through college exposure, service learning, cultural excursions, etc.
- Work with the Director of Programs and Lead Cycling and Fitness Coach to organize special and culminating events that highlight student achievement and enriching experiential activities.
- Responsible for recruitment, screening, and supervision of dedicated staff and volunteers that meet the highest standards of qualifications in being able to carry out ICM’s mission and goals of our programs.
- Establish, collaborate, and maintain relationships with existing program partners and program staff for future, strategic growth.
- Ensure that all team members have access to the resources and support they need to successfully execute their jobs.
- Works with school staff to ensure all are on track for graduating high school on time and are participating in necessary support programs.
- Conduct monthly Cycling Smarts site visits
- Work with the Director of Programs to maintain SEL learning throughout the program.
- Ensures that Compass Site Directors input data collection onto ICM and DYCD databases.
- Plan and execute the College Bike Tour and Century Ride/Pride Ride.
- Conduct monthly Healthy Heights site visits to ensure that Partners are providing positive youth development in their program.
- Works with Director of Programs to convene planning meetings of Healthy Heights school and nonprofit partners, in Washington Heights.
- Works with DIrector of Programs to ensure that data collection and management happens throughout the Cycling Smarts program.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team toward common goals.
- Demonstrated management skills, both organizationally and in people management.
- Comfort with accountability, both for oneself and for holding others to high standards.
- Bachelor’s required; Masters preferred
- Effectiveness in youth development strategies with urban youth
- Experience leading courses or workshops with students (experience with the SAT a plus)
- 2-3 years of demonstrated experience successfully managing a youth development program.
- Ability to travel throughout Manhattan and the Bronx to visit programs and work flexible hours, including but not limited to nights and weekends.
- Bilingual Spanish and English, a plus.
- Driver’s License, a plus.
Health, Dental, and Commuter benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish/English, a plus
How to Apply
Please email email@example.com with the following:
1. Cover letter
3. List of 3 professional references
ICM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or marital status. Applications from women and people of color are strongly encouraged. Please visit our website for information about ICM at www.ichallengemyself.org