Program Assistant At Expect Miracles Foundation Bachelor's Degree Job6 months ago - Secretarial / Front Desk / Assistance Job - Boston - 144 views
Are you passionate about making a difference? So are we! Join our team and help to support young adults who are struggling financially because #cancerisntfree. Expect Miracles Foundation is a national nonprofit organization, based in Boston, that rallies the financial services industry and beyond to invest in life-saving cancer research while advancing the financial and emotional health of people impacted by cancer. The Samfund is Expect Miracles Foundation’s flagship program that provides direct financial assistance and free online support and education to help young adults cancer survivors empower themselves to pursue their goals and regain their financial health.
We’re excited to invite a full-time (40 hours/week) Program Assistant to join our team. We are looking for someone reliable, organized, and energetic whose responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the planning, launch and fulfillment of the 4 Samfund grant cycles throughout the year, involving:
* Providing phone and email support to potential applicants
* Coordinating evaluations of applications with reviewers
* Assisting with the notification of applicants
* Coordinating payout of grant awards, including serving as main point of contact for grant recipients around all payment communications, tracking the schedule of payments, collecting the required paperwork, and assisting with the creation and mailing of payments
- Developing and maintaining relationships with our alumni community
- Some assistance with social media
- Report to the Director of Programs and Operations
- Assist the Management Team as needed
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Passion for Expect Miracles Foundation’s mission and work
- 1 to 3 years experience in an office environment
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility, attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to multitask
- Outgoing, friendly and helpful personality
- Excellent project management skills; comfortable juggling multiple projects and priorities, and working longer hours if needed
- Comfortable with technology
- Ability to attend occasional night and weekend meetings and events
- Prior work experience in the nonprofit sector a plus
Job Type: Full-time. Salary based on experience. Benefits include: health insurance (70% company contribution), dental insurance (100% employee contribution), IRA with company match, group life insurance.
Our office is conveniently located in Boston’s Financial District and is accessible by public transportation.
Expect Miracles Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
1. Cover letter
3. Salary requirements
to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject line re: LAST NAME: Program Assistant. No phone calls please.