Production Supervisor Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Shippensburg - 87 views
Provides leadership to the manufacturing team, and facilitates the production process to ensure the achievement of manufacturing, quality, housekeeping and safety objectives. Develops high performance work team with ongoing coaching and direction, both formal and informal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads Team Members in the performance of manufacturing processes.
- As the key resource for the manufacturing team, the Manufacturing Facilitator provides guidance in the resolution of problems.
- Leadership responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all Team Members' actions and manufacturing processes meet specified safety and housekeeping requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring the maximum production within the parameters of the highest quality practices.
- Assigns specific tasks, as required, to ensure the most cost effective and productive use of the Team Members.
- Ensures that tools and materials essential for the performance of the work are readily available.
- Responsible for all Team Members' performance by providing training, guidance, and timely feedback through day-to-day feedback and periodic performance appraisals.
- Establishes and facilitates small group team initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Maintains comprehensive records to document the performance of his/her area of responsibility.
- The Manufacturing Facilitator is responsible for evaluating existing and new products to determine the optimum processes, standards, equipment, tools, flow and facilities required to manufacture products. In doing so, the responsibilities include:
- Conducts root-cause analyses of manufacturing process to identify, define and resolve manufacturing problems and opportunities. Enlists the requisite support (I.E., M.E., etc.) to ensure the timely resolution of problems and the prompt implementation of improvements.
- Continually monitors existing operations and implements possible improvements or cost reductions. Prepares related analysis, layouts and other supportive data. Prepares comparative cost estimates using alternative production methods.
- Audits standards and ensures changes for improvements in data base accuracy.
- Responsible for ensuring that all processes and products meet all quality standards. In doing so, the Manufacturing Facilitator is responsible for the following:
- Assures Team Member awareness and compliance to manufacturing process instructions (MPS's, WPS's, Router Documentation & Work Instructions), ISO Standards and JLG Quality System Procedures, and Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS Requirements.
- Identifies problems or opportunities, which affect quality. Communicates the information to the affected functions and develops and implements corrective action.
- Responsible for the changes needed in machines, processes, materials and assembly.
- Implements inspection procedures to improve end products, reduce costs and enhance quality.
- Investigates product defects and makes modifications in products or quality standards where such appear to be warranted.
- Provides technical assistance to the Materials Management group in connection with the purchase of raw materials, supplies and equipment, and in qualifying new sources of material.
- Provides input for strategic planning regarding manufacturing initiatives.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- 1 plus year(s) experience managing in a manufacturing and/or production environment
- Bachelor's degree in Operations Management or related field
- Team Coordinator Assessment
- Lean/Six Sigma or Project Management certifications
- Experience with Lotus Notes E-mail & JDE is recommended and will be required within three months in this position
- Must complete Team and Continuous Improvement Training
- Ability to plan and organize projects
- Must possess good communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to provide hands-on technical support in a production environment
- Knowledge of CFM, Pull Systems, Kaisen, Poke-yoke, Lean Manufacturing, Toyota Production System, Just-in-time Techniques, time standards, ergonomics, EHS, ISO 9000, computer skills and manufacturing experience in assembly processes
TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:On-the-job training
Structured Management Training Course
New Leader Orientation - (Within first year) Program to integrate new leaders into JLG management. Includes HR, Safety, ISO, Materials, IE, and Manufacturing Administration information.
Excellence in Leadership - (Within first year) Leadership principles training to provide JLG leaders with the skills to improve overall performance through increased employee involvement.
The following key competencies are required. Additional training may be necessary to develop or further advance these competencies:
Leads with vision, Champions Innovation and Change, Demonstrates a Genuine Interest in Others, Provides Exceptional Customer Service, Builds, Maintains and Leverages Relationships, Communicates Effectively, Influences Others, Manages Conflict, Demonstrates and Promotes Teamwork, and Values and Respects Diversity.
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us at: (see application details) or (see application details).
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
|apply nowapply now|
JLG began in 1969, when our founder, John L. Grove set out to resolve growing safety concerns in the construction industry. Since then we have been committed to understanding the challenges and delivering innovative solutions to the access market. We partner with customers to provide quality equipment, training opportunities and trusted support within the access industry. We are a global company, and our products-including mobile elevating work platforms, telehandlers, utility vehicles and accessories-can be found all over the world.