Product Owner - PowerSchool SIS Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Folsom - 32 views
Location: US-CA-Folsom | US-TX-Austin | CA | US | US-VA-Roanoke | US-AL-Mobile
Category: Product Management
Type: Full Time
Do you have a passion for identifying customer-focused solutions that will help school districts operate more efficiently and solve complex problems for students, parents, teachers, and administrators?
This is your opportunity to join the PowerSchool SIS product team in building solutions for the leading student information system software solution for K-12 educational institutions and help districts power their operations with flexible, innovative, easy-to-use technology.
In this position, you will work closely with the Manager of Product Management to define and write product features to be implemented by Scrum teams. You will also work with customers to understand the market and issues K-12 districts face. You are responsible for helping to define high-value enhancements to PowerSchool's Student Information System product portfolio. This position will follow Agile development methodologies, to define the scope of work for the Scrum team by creating user stories, developing acceptance criteria, and refining the product backlog. Working with product management and both internal and external subject matter experts, you will apply incremental delivery principles to working practices, driving the delivery of value through your teams, communicating progress, eliciting feedback, and enabling stakeholder reviews for validation in the process. You will also use your skills to advance the maturity of our Agile model and provide timely reporting to senior management to ensure corporate objectives are being met.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Support the product manager in the development of product vision, goals, themes, and features. This translates into a product roadmap and long-term product strategy and feature development
- Participate in daily scrum ceremonies, leading refinement sessions, and engage with your Engineering teams, guiding direction and focus
- Support the development of a prioritized Product Backlog, including the development of user stories, acceptance criteria and scenarios for the Product Engineering Teams to develop working software from. Understanding PowerSchool's customers and their needs, engaging in agile and scrum methodologies to elicit feature requirements
- Support the release process for both feature and maintenance releases
- Review QA test plans to align with acceptance criteria
- Review relevant documentation for technical accuracy
- Effectively communicate product release contents and expected product capabilities/behavior to stakeholders including external and internal customers
- Coordinate products between departments for global visibility
- Communicate the product vision to the technical teams as well as to other teams within the company
- Ensuring the correct features are being developed, considering the value being delivered against the cost of delivery
- Provide weekly reports on project status to senior management
- Monitor and identify impediments to release objectives and suggest corrective actions as necessary
- All other duties as assigned
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- 2-5 years' prior experience in a product owner role
- Strong understanding of Agile Values and Scrum Methodology
- Eliciting and defining requirements for the development teams
- Ability to communicate in both functional and technical settings, representing customer requirements to technical teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments
- Ability to handle a heavy workload and multiple projects with frequent interruptions and schedule changes
- Ability to work in a changing, dynamic environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with teams across global time zones
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail, while still being results oriented
- Experience working with and presenting to individuals in an organization
- Basic knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology and practices
- Experience working with teams and group projects
- Experience with some level of business analysis, documenting use cases or requirements gathering
- Bachelor's degree in business or computer science, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with the PowerSchool SIS product or similar Student Information System experience is highly desired
PowerSchool is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PowerSchool is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Our inclusive culture empowers PowerSchoolers to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation regarding our recruiting process, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
At PowerSchool, we believe in the simple truth that every student deserves the best opportunities in life. That’s why our mission is to power the education ecosystem with unified technology that helps educators and students realize their potential, in their way. From the front office to the classroom to the home, PowerSchool helps schools and districts efficiently manage instruction, learning, grading, attendance, assessment, analytics, state reporting, special education, student registration, talent, finance, and HR. Today, we’re proud to be the leading provider of K-12 education application technology supporting over 45 million students in over 80 countries.