Product Analytics Manager (Remote Opportunity) Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 months ago - Other categories - Boston - 68 views
Roles and Responsibilities:
State Management: The Product Analytics Manager is responsible for conducting reviews of rates, rules, underwriting, and product offerings in states where Homesite writes business and making recommendations based on those reviews. These reviews consist of:
- Develop and oversee rate filings at a state level to ensure Homesite is priced appropriately across all products and segments
- Understand profitability on a state basis, and what actions can be taken to improve performance
- Analyzing, at a state level, whether the company is selling the right product, to the right customer, at the right price
Contribute to the development of new products: The Product Analytics Manager may participate in the identification and implementation of new products with analytical support and developing creative and cutting-edge proposals;
Functional Expertise: Become an expert in insurance content matters that cut across Homeowners products
Supervise a few business-oriented actuaries and analysts: Manage and develop analysts to grow talent and increase productivity;
- Relevant Experience: A minimum of 5 years of professional experience, ideally including work in Property & Casualty insurance
- Educational Credentials: A bachelor's degree and quantitative analytical knowledge is required; a graduate degree and/or CPCU designation is preferred, but not required
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: A self-starter who can identify business opportunities, develop a product plan to capitalize on those opportunities, and successfully implement the plan
- Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analyses
- Analytical Rigor: Analyze state performance, identify additional areas of research, and recommend improvements
- Powerful Communication: The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly across a variety of media
- Management Experience: Experience overseeing and leading the work of a group of people is preferred
- Team Player: The candidate will need to work well both as part of a team and as a team leader
- Software Experience: Knowledge of SQL, SAS, R, Python, Tableau, Microstrategy, and/or other programming/data query/reporting knowledge, in addition, intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel is required
The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. This person will also need to be a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel and committed to meeting deadlines, including some with short time frames. This professional must demonstrate strong leadership skills, including the ability to gain credibility with and influence both team members and management.
When you work at Homesite you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns at Homesite are eligible for the paid time off program. Contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!
|apply nowapply now|