Procurement Officer (Female) at IO Furniture Limited HND / BA / BSc Job4 months ago - Store Keeping/Procurement - Lagos - 276 views
- To oversee purchases and develop new contracts
- To procure high - quality and cost-efficient supplies for our organization.
- To follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies, and be responsible for approving purchases
- Monitor business trends and product availability to pay the best price for the company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Nurture relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for company
- Identify and research potential new suppliers
Core Working Relationships:
- Store Team
- Technical Team
- Production Team
- Finance Team
- Responsible to source, negotiate and purchase materials from both local and oversea vendors
- Maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers
- Making professional decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Develops plans for purchasing equipment, services and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Create and maintain inventory of all incoming and current supplies
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development
- Evaluate supplier performance based on quality standards, delivery time & best prices and ensure all the criteria are met according to the organizational requirements and expectation.
- Responsible for implementing internal procurement strategies to cater to high delivery and short lead time requirements
- Working with team members and Head of Procurement to complete duties as needed
Key Job Attributes
- Analytical and quantitative decision making skill
- Oral and written communication skills
- Problem-solving, creativity
- The ability to Multitask
- The ability to work with a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to be proactive and deliver results
- Integrity / Discipline
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Sound knowledge of the Company's products and services
- Expert knowledge of the Microsoft Package
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- First Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a related field.
- Experience with ERP systems; Microsoft Navision experience is a plus
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Two (2) years previous experience as procurement officer or related position.
Application Closing Date
29th February, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
Note: Candidates must be female.