PRN Clinical Liaison - Ottumwa, IA Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Medical / Healthcare Jobs - Ottumwa - 42 views
Kindred Rehabilitation Servicesis currently seeking an enthusiastic Per DiemClinical Liaison (1 - 2 Weekends/Month) to join our acute rehabilitation team at Ottumwa Regional Health Center! Kindred Healthcare is the largest diversified provider of post-acute care services in the United States and we partnered with Ottumwa Regional Health Center to bring the very best rehabilitation services to the community. A Fortune magazine Most Admired Healthcare Company for nine years, Kindred's mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, family member, employee andbusiness partnerwe serve.SummaryAs a Clinical Liaison, you will have the ability to use your clinical skills while working in a strategic business environment. Successful Liaisons will educate the community about the services provided by Kindred and will develop and maintain positive relationships with families, caregivers, medical professionals and the communities we serve. Through the building of long term relationships, the Liaison will facilitate the identification and assessment of medically appropriate patients for potential admission to the acute rehabilitation setting. In addition, the Liaison:
- Reviews patient medical charts and understands pharmaceuticals, test results, therapy evaluations, pre-existing conditions, and has a general medical knowledge of the patient.
- Interacts clearly and professionally with patients and families, while gathering additional clinical information and past history.
- Conducts thorough patient assessments to identify patients for potential admission into the system.
- Completes detailed Pre-Admission Screens, according to facility policies and procedures, KHRS policies and procedures, and payer requirements.
- Targets area research including analysis of like programs and alternative levels of care.
- Provides patient updates to physicians, payers, case managers, social workers and other relevant persons.
- Develops educational and community relations plans in consultation with Program Director, Medical Director, and Nurse Manager.
- Maintains effective communication with patients, families, healthcare providers, employers, clients and team members.
- Participates in team meetings along with Medical Director, Program Director, Nurse Manager, Therapy Coordinator, and others, as applicable.
- Functions as a resource for and provides team members with in-service/cross-training on acute rehabilitation criteria, diagnostic case mix management, coding, etc., as applicable.
- Participates in Clinical Program Development as identified through market demand.
- Educates specific specialized physicians on quality, programs, accreditations, and regulations on inpatient acute rehabilitation.
License and Education:
- Valid state drivers license and own reliable transportation required.
- Clinical licensure required.
- College degree required.
- A track record of successful experience in a health care setting, strong interpersonal skills, and experience working with physicians, nursing management, discharge planners, case managers, and social workers.
- Clinical experience required.
- Knowledge of acute hospitals and post-acute settings preferred.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here.
|apply nowapply now|
If you love healthcare but would like to try something new this may be the opportunity for you! You want to work in a healthcare setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients/residents you treat. You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. What you want is Kindred Healthcare. Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve.