Principal Engineer Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Denver - 69 views
A career with Alterra Mountain Company is more than what you do today; its being part of creating a community rooted in the spirit of the mountains, united by a passion for adventure, and celebrating the legendary adventures and enduring memories that mountains bring to everyone.
BESIDES WORKING SOMEWHERE AWESOME, WHATS IN IT FOR YOU?
- Free skiing + riding privileges across the family of Alterra Mountain Company resorts for all eligible employees and their dependents. And, discounted rates at non Alterra-owned Ikon Pass destinations.
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) policy for eligible employees to rest, relax and recharge
- Generous discounts on outdoor gear, apparel, rental cars, etc.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs, and more
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible employees
- Commuter benefits (Denver employees only)
- Brand new Alterra Mountain Company office located in Denvers RiNo Art District neighborhood
Design, build, test, and maintain web applications and services within the Alterra Mountain Company ecosystem. This position is going to be primarily focused on the (please use the apply button below) eCommerce and My Account platforms and will be involved in the design, development, and evolution of the platform. Position requires a business-oriented individual that can contribute technically and fit in culturally to a fast paced, creative, energetic, technology proven team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Work with Business and IT customers to design, build, test, and maintain applications for various Alterra Mountain Company business units, including resort point of sale functions, lodging and hospitality functions, central reservation and online marketing functions, and other various mountain operations.
- Work to improve change control processes, quality processes, code repository standards, and other development standard within Alterra Mountain Companys technology ecosystem.
- Interface with, manage, and work as an embedded resource with Alterra Mountain Companys various technology vendors.
- This position is an individual contributor role and will have no direct reports
- Data: Postgres, Redis
- Testing: RSpec, Capybara, Jest, CircleCI, BrowserStack, Cypress
- Deep understanding of REST API Frameworks
- Deep understanding of modern application design principles
- Deep understanding of modern system design principles
- Deep understanding of performance and scaling cloud services
- Infrastructure Advanced knowledge of cloud platforms: Heroku, Azure
- Methodologies: agile development, continuous integration, test driven development, Git, PR review, pair programming
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong desire to positively impact software development culture
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Ability to follow established application/system design patterns and to convey technical solutions through natural language, diagrams, and design tools
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to identify technical debt and prioritize it based on severity/importance
- Ability to identify technology gaps, evaluate new solutions, and make recommendations based on your research
- Help maintain code quality, organization, automation, and security
- Evangelize best practices for data integrity, infrastructure, performance, code, process, and security
- Experience mentoring and growing engineers along their career path
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineer, Mathematics or similar required (Master's degree is a plus)
- 8-10+ years of hands on programming experience
- 5+ years of technical lead experience
- Experience working in a Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience working in with event driven distributed systems and message based frameworks (Azure Service Bus, RabbitMQ, SQS, Kafka, or other messaging and streaming technologies)
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc.s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Denver area base salary range: $118,000 - $177,000 per year
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that an employee may be required to perform in this position. Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to modify, increase, decrease, suspend, and or eliminate any of the essential duties and/or the position in its entirety.
This job description is not an express or implied contract, guarantee, promise, or covenant of employment for any set term or duration, or for termination only for cause.
Employment with Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. or any of its affiliates is at will meaning either party may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
This position is located in Colorado, and the work is primarily in Denver, CO and, as such, employment in this position is subject to the labor and employment laws of the state of Colorado.
Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates adhere to all applicable labor and employment laws, and State, County, and City-specific labor and employment regulations, where applicable.