President Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Memphis - 107 views
Building on 30 years of success, the NCRM seeks a President to steward the next phase of the museum’s growth in national and global relevance, positioning the museum as the model for modern in-person and digital museum experiences. Reporting to and working collaboratively with the Board of Directors, the President will implement and communicate the vision and strategic plan to guide the next phase of growth overseeing facility renovations, technological improvements, as well as operational and programmatic innovations.
The President will lead and develop an effective, high-performing 52 person team and provide strategy, guidance and support to the dedicated and seasoned seven-person leadership team. Specifically, the President will ensure the NCRM’s fiscal, operations, fundraising, marketing, human resource, technology, and programmatic strategies are effectively implemented across all segments of the institution. The President will act as the key representative and face of the institution to external audiences, serving as the chief fundraiser, visionary and leader in the public square.
It is essential to have a dynamic, thoughtful, entrepreneurial and sophisticated leader, one driven by a commitment to share the stories of the US Civil Rights Movement broadly and with deep integrity, to inspire the community and to advance the mission and goals of NCRM.
Strategic Vision, Innovation and Leadership
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals.
- Collaborate with the board to refine and implement the strategic plan while ensuring that the budget, staff, and priorities are aligned with NCRM’s core mission.
- Provide visionary and strategic leadership and direction to the team, encouraging innovation while ensuring the continued development and management of a professional, high-performing and efficient organization capable of achieving and exceeding its long- and short-term goals and objectives.
- Anticipate, identify and address the strategic challenges NCRM will face as it continues to grow and competes to distinguish itself.
- Define, guide and encourage the continued and ongoing technological, programmatic and marketing innovations to develop, attract and maintain contemporary audiences and maintain NCRM’s relevance and expertise with the historical and ongoing US civil rights movement.
External Communication and Fundraising
- Serve as the local, national and international face of NCRM and raise the visibility and stature of the museum in the public, philanthropic and policy-making communities.
- Formulate and execute comprehensive marketing, branding and development strategies that will ensure consistency throughout the organization, enhance revenue from major donors, foundations, government agencies, and corporations and drive national and international understanding and awareness of the NCRM.
- Advance the mission of the NCRM by aggressively identifying and securing significant levels of new sources of funding, increasing the board’s direct contribution to this process and ensuring that the flow of funds permits the NCRM to make continuous progress toward the achievement of its mission and that those funds are allocated properly to reflect present needs and future potential.
- Strengthen existing relationships and partnerships and develop innovative new strategic partnerships in Memphis, nationally and internationally.
- Engage and leverage the resources of the local and national community to establish a sense of ownership and deep engagement, commitment and involvement to the NCRM mission and institution.
Infrastructure and Operations
- Assume ultimate oversight and responsibility for the effective management of staff and infrastructure including optimizing policies, practices and systems required to manage financial resources and the growing operating budget.
- Oversee the modernization, renovation and technological upgrade of all facilities and operations.
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration and transparency; create and promote a positive, equitable and inclusive work environment that supports consistency throughout the organization's strategy, operational methods, and data collection needs.
- Oversee the financial status of the organization including developing long and short-range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place; setting financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the program and staff.
Program Development & Innovation
- Bring fresh eyes and an entrepreneurial perspective to revamp, upgrade and expand the NCRM’s current program and resource offerings to reach ever-expanding audiences and solidify its position as the foremost authority and thought leader on the US civil rights movement.
- Increase efficiencies and consistency throughout the organization by developing and implementing standardized programs and services.
- An authentic, inspiring, business-oriented leader with significant national fundraising success particularly with corporations and major donors
- A highly respected, collaborative and diplomatic professional with a track record of success leading a growing organization of similar size and complexity to NCRM
- An impressive and persuasive public speaker with media communication skills and the experience and proclivity to be an outgoing spokesperson, relationship builder, and fundraiser
- A financially savvy and politically astute leader with the ability to set clear priorities, delegate, and guide investment in people and systems; and keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills, which support and enable sound decision making
- Proven success building, motivating and developing a strong, effective and high performing team as an empathetic leader with high emotional intelligence and integrity
- Demonstrated commitment to the historical and contemporary civil rights movements and a deep passion for history and the NCRM mission
- Experience serving as a fully integrated community leader engaged at all levels of the community in a manner that reflects mutual respect and engenders trust and teamwork
- Experience overseeing facility management, renovation and acquisition
- Experience leading digital marketing, communications and visitor experience transitions
This position description is based upon material provided by the National Civil Rights Museum an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
To apply to this position please visit - http://drgsearch.com/current-searches/?rpid=QCOK7-5IXcQ
National Civil Rights Museum