Preschool Assistant Teacher - Tiny Trees Preschool Other qualifications Job1 week ago - Education / Teaching Job - Seattle - 25 views
Preschool Assistant Teacher in an all outdoor classroom for the 2019-2020 school year. The position is 30 - 40 Hours Per Week depending on location, Olympic Sculpture Park and Carkeek Park.
Tiny Trees Preschool gives children a quality education and a joyful, nature rich childhood: one full of play, exploration and wonder. By creating joyful, outdoor classrooms in public parks throughout Seattle and King County, Tiny Trees makes preschool and nature accessible.
As an Assistant Teacher, you will work closely with our preschool program director, program supervisor, and fellow teachers.
Duties will include:
▪ Teach and help develop curriculum of Tiny Trees Preschool in partnership with other members of the teaching team.
▪ Partner with the lead teacher to incorporate an anti-bias curriculum, meeting the cultural, behavioral and physical needs of your students.
▪ Assure that the classroom operates within the guidelines and standards of the Washington State Department of Children, Youth, & Families (DCYF).
▪ Create an inviting and emotionally safe classroom that receives a high quality rating.
▪ Be responsible for the health, safety, and welfare of all children. This includes helping children stay warm and dry in wet weather, managing risk in an outdoor setting, and addressing student conflict.
▪ Assist lead teacher in assessing students using Teaching Strategies GOLD.
▪ Collaborate on family-teacher communication and student data-tracking using technology such as Gmail, Google Drive, Facebook, and online search engines on a regular basis.
▪ Join lead teacher for home visits prior to the start of school.
▪ Assist lead teacher in overall planning for equipment and supply needs.
▪ Assist lead teacher in weekly planning.
▪ Setup and take down classroom daily, including canopies in wet/cold weather.
▪ Contribute to the development, implementation, and review of Tiny Trees Preschool policies and procedures in partnership with Tiny Trees administration as appropriate.
▪ Be an ambassador for the classroom’s park when interacting with the public.
We strongly encourage applications from people of color, immigrants, male-identifying educators, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community, non-binary applicants and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups.
Benefits: The following benefits are split between bi-weekly pay periods and prorated for part time staff (under 35 hours/week: ▪ Health insurance: employer provided Gold level health care plan from Kaiser Permanente. ▪ Retirement benefit: 3.75% annual salary contribution starting after 1 year of employment. ▪ Paid training (approximately 18 days/year): monthly professional development and annual staff training plus $350 Professional development stipend ▪ Discounts on outdoor clothing. ▪ Approximately 65 hours paid time off (PTO) plus federal holidays and 5 school closure days for 10 month school year; additional PTO accrual dependent on summer schedule. ▪ Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for assistance with issues that interfere with your health, well-being, and productivity at home or at work.
How to Apply
To Apply: Please submit a single document that includes a cover letter and resume with contact info for three references at tinytrees.org/about/careers.
Hiring process is rolling; please apply at your earliest convenience.
This position requires successful reference and background checks.