Presales Engineer - Descasio Limited Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 week ago - Engineering / Technical Job - Lagos - 122 views
Location: Onikan, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- ThePre-sales Engineerwill work collaboratively witha specialized group of highly skilled individualsto understand clients’ technical and business needs and to demonstrate how those can be achieved through the capabilities of relevant Platforms.
- Responsible forthe technical dimension of the sales cycle and successfully employ a combination of high technical expertise, communication and coordination skills between clients and internal Descasio teams to achieve your mission.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The Pre-sales Engineerwill carry out these functions:
- Determine the technical requirements to meet client goals and act as liaison between the various groups in the organization.
- Collaborate with the sales and services teams by acting as technical experts in customer presentations
- Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education
- Manage and interpret customer requirements; also persuade clients on the product or service that will best satisfy their needs
- Interface with client architects and cloud service providers to ensure that the defined solution is signed-off by all the stakeholders.
- make technical presentations and demonstrate how a product will meet client needs
- Maintain Company IT standards, Architecture principles and Strategy, Roadmap and use cases.
- Travelling to visit potential clients where necessary
- Analysing costs and sales; calculating client quotations
- Negotiating tender and contract terms
- Offering after-sales support services
- Helping in the design of custom-made products
- Providing training and producing support material for the sales team
- Meeting regular sales targets
- Recording and maintaining client contact data
- Co-ordinating sales projects
- Supporting marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Previous work experience as a Pre-sales Engineer or similar role specifically:
- 3 to 5 years year’s experience in a presales or related field.
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft Azure & AWS, IaaS, specifically App Services, Azure SQL Database, SQL Server IaaS implementation, Availability sets, Azure Networking concepts, Express Route, DNS, Load Balancing, Storage
- An understanding of the challenges and considerations to be catered for while migrating applications from on-premise to Azure.
- Ability to define solution architecture which meet availability, disaster recovery and availability requirements as specified by customer
- Knowledge of migrating applications to Cloud using Tools like AppZero, ASR etc will be nice to have.
- Fundamental knowledge of AWS is also required and understanding on how Azure IaaS v/s AWS IaaS compares to each other and conceptual knowledge of AWS RDS is desired.
- Fundamental knowledge of GCP (Google Cloud Platform) is also required and understanding on how GCP IaaS v/s AWS and Azure IaaS compares to each other.
- Soft Skills such as writing Proposals and Presenting up to C-Levels is a must
- Preferably from Developer background (.net, Java)
- Microsoft Azure certifications desirable
- Extensive client-facing skills and the ability to work independently.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
Why Join Us?
- Training and professional development opportunities.
- Exceptional governance structure.
- Forward-thinking result-oriented culture.
- Smart and passionate colleagues.
- Flexible work environment.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a short covering letter to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
We focus on implementing tailored digital transformation solutions that match each businesses' needs and ambitions by supporting them to achieve lower operational costs, improved productivity, standardised processes, data security, competitive market offerings and high customer engagement.