Polytechnic Librarian - Yaba College of Technology BSc - MSc Job1 month ago - Education / Teaching Job - Lagos - 305 views
- The Polytechnic Librarian shall be responsible to the Rector for the administration of the Polytechnic Library and the co-ordination of the Library services in the teaching units of the College.
The prospective applicant must hold:
- A good Bachelor's Degree with Master's in Library Studies / Library Science (MLS) from a recognized institution of higher learning with (15) years cognate experience and registration with professional library body. OR Ph.D. in Library and Information Science with at least 12 years post qualification cognate experience with evidence of registration with professional library body
- Present evidence of Physical and Medical Fitness (from a Government Hospital)
- Be proficient in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) packages like Library Softwares.
- Present evidence of Community Service
- Possess evidence of sound human relations, professional competence, industrial integrit efficient management of human and material resources; and
- Candidate should not be above 60 years of age at the time of assumption of office.
- He / she must have occupied the position of Chief Librarian I Deputy Polytechnic Librarian for a period of not less than five (5) years in a higher institution of learning.
Terms of Appointment and Conditions of Service
- The Polytechnic Librarian shall hold the office for a single tenure of five years from the effective date of his / her appointment and on such terms and conditions as may be specified in his / her letter of appointment
- Whatever the situation, the Polytechnic Librarian shall retire compulsorily at the age of 65 years.
Application Closing Date
26th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit (20) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae in the following format:
- Full names with surname underlined;
- Date of birth;
- State of Origin / Local Government;
- Nationality and how acquired;
- Marital Status;
- Number and Ages of Children
- Current Postal Address including Telephone Number and E-mail Address;
- Educational Institutions Attended with dates
- Academic / professional Qualifications Obtained with Dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies / Associations;
- Previous Employer(s) and post(s) Held with Dates;
- Present Employment, Including Status and Salary;
- A statement of strategies for Improving the College Library
- Names and address of three (3) referees (Employer, Senior Public Servant not below Grade Level 15 and Personal) who are to forward Confidential Reports on them directly to The Registrar and Secretary to Council, Yaba College of Technology.
Applications should be forwarded in sealed envelopes marked "Post of Polytechnic Librarian" and reach the address below:
Registrar & Secretary To Council,
Yaba College of Technology,
P.M.B. 2011, Yaba,
- Referee's reports should reach the Registrar & Secretary to Council on or before the deadline above.
Documentary Evidence of Claim(s)
- Interested applicants must support all their claims of Credentials, Age, Promotions, Appointment etc. with documentary evidence; and Must be ready to support all their claims with documentary evidence and bring the originals of all such credentials if invited for interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further information and/or interview.
- The college will not enter into any correspondence with any candidates on its decision as to the eligibility or otherwise of any candidate or as to its eventual / final decision on any application or interview.