Physician Assistant - NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Medical / Healthcare Jobs - New York City - 145 views
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Physician Assistant.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for provision, coordination, and assurance of comprehensive medical care using sound medical knowledge and pertinent standards of care, performance of therapeutic, corrective, and prescriptive measures on the designated inpatient or outpatient population, assume delegatory responsibilities assigned by supervising physician privileged as Medical Staff of NYU Langone Health.
- Educates patient and family to facilitate and promote healthy adjustment to new or changed health patterns.
- Evaluates treatment and health care plans for effectiveness and modifies per clinical standards and practice protocols.
- Performs delegated clinical duties effectively and efficiently.
- Practices as a member of the allied health staff according to the rules and regulations of the Medical Staff and bylaws as outlined in the delineation of privileges.
- Prescribes medical equipment, devices, physical and occupational therapy, and home health services per practice protocol.
- Prescribes in-patient and discharge medications according to New York State law, including controlled substances with DEA authorization.
- Physical stamina, manual dexterity, visual and aural acuity to perform responsibilities. Membership in professional specialty organizations desirable.
- Previously demonstrated ability to facilitate group processes and work cohesively and collaboratively as member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, creative problem solving and excellent critical thinking skills.
- Previous experience as a physician assistant or physician assistant fellowship experience is preferred.
- At least 2 years of clinical rotation in various medical, surgical and other specialty areas.
- Coordinates implementation of clinical research studies or clinical trials, including patient screening, enrollment and data collection.
- Monitors and trends the cost effectiveness of the position, particularly as it relates to the efficiency and performance indicators established for the service.
- Assists in the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of research protocols when applicable.
- Works collaboratively with nursing and other disciplines in the development and implementation of clinical studies within the area of expertise.
- Uses evidence-based health care literature to advise and support appropriate practice changes within the designated service.
- Participates in the development and monitoring of patient outcomes per established practice protocols for purposes of quality and performance improvement.
- Serves as a clinical expert and resource for the education of peers and other health professionals.
- Maintains PA board certification.
- Maintains annual CME requirement for re-appointment and privileging.
- Maintains current expertise in area of practice.
- Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical role.
- Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Participates in designated activities related to professional physician assistant practice standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Core Values and incorporates them into the performance of responsibilities.
- Facilitates patients throughout an efficient process during patients admission and discharge.
- Facilitates the continuity of care across the continuum of services, e.g. home care, other facilities, appointments with MDs etc.
- Provides consultation about the therapeutic regimen to the nursing staff responsible for the patients care in the hospital setting.
- Works collaboratively with the attending physician to maintain timely and appropriate communication with family members, house staff, other disciplines and ancillary services.
- Participates in the development and revision of interdisciplinary and hospital standards, patient and family education materials as relevant to area of practice and expertise.
- Works collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team including the attending physician to develop and implement the therapeutic plan of care for a group of patients and ensure communication with family members.
- Plans and organizes care to meet individual patient needs and to ensure appropriate clinical resource utilization per protocols, pathways, and other means.
- Supports the mission, philosophy, standards, goals and objectives of the institution, department and clinical service.
Physician Assistant Bachelor's Degree (BA-PA), NCCPA Board Certification, ACLS, PALS, NRP Provider (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) NALS per delineation of privileges.
Required Licenses: Physician Assistant License-NYS, Ntl Com Cert Physician Asst
Membership in pertinent professional organizations preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view the NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital at NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit (please use the apply button below) for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Located in the heart of Manhattan, with additional facilities throughout the New York City area, NYU Langone consists of six inpatient locations:
Tisch Hospital, its acute-care facility
Kimmel Pavilion, its newly opened, state-of-the-art healthcare facility
Rusk Rehabilitation, ranked as one of the top 10 rehabilitation programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report since 1989.
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, formerly known as Hospital for Joint Diseases, a dedicated inpatient orthopedic hospital