Physical Education Instructor - Adjunct Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Tacoma - 117 views
This position is responsible for preparing and teaching courses within the physical education department at Tacoma Community College. This position reports directly to the Dean for Health, Business, and Professional Services and works closely with the Physical Education Department Chair and faculty.
- Prepare and teach courses in the field of Physical Education that may include: Total Fitness, Fast Fitness, Independent Fitness Lab, Advanced First Aid, Coaching Theory, Weight Training, Toning, Health & Wellness, Badminton/Pickelball, Softball, Hiking, Volleyball, Walking, Bowling, or any other offered through the department.
- Bachelor's degree in Physical Education or related field, from an accredited college or university.
- Two years of related work experience and/or related current teaching experience Physical Education.
- Master's degree in Physical Education or relevant field.
- Experience teaching at a community college.
- Experience in using online classroom platforms (Angel, Canvas, etc.) as a classroom support and learning tool.
Conditions of Employment
- Successfully complete a criminal history background check prior to employment.
- Ability to meet Washington State vocational certification requirements.
The Successful Candidate will Demonstrate
- Excellent customer service skills; including establishing, building, and maintaining internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Professional and courteous interactions with students, faculty, and staff.
- Flexible in the ability to achieve the instructional and general responsibilities of the position.
- Dynamic, non-traditional delivery methods to teach students of widely varying levels of proficiency and from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and learning styles.
- Experience using computers as an instructional aid in and out of the classroom to enhance learning.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Ethics, integrity and sound professional judgment.
. Application Materials & Procedures
Complete application packages must include the following:
- Tacoma Community College application form.
- Cover letter and resume. In your cover letter indicate how your background and experience meets the qualifications for this position.
- Copies of transcripts for all colleges and universities attended (official transcripts will be required for the successful candidate).
Terms of Employment
This is a part-time faculty position contracted on a quarterly basis. Classes assigned to the successful candidate may be on campus, hybrid online, or fully online with an online learning management system (Canvas) component for some class materials. The salary for the 2019/2020 academic year is $862.93 per credit, which includes scheduled class time and final exam days, as well as time for class preparation, weekly office hours, and grading tasks in accordance with the Faculty Negotiated Agreement. A collective bargaining agreement exists, and membership in the TCC Federation of Teachers or payment of a service fee may be available upon employment. Degrees must be from accredited colleges or universities recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and verified by National Student Clearinghouse
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Tacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Stephen Smith, Title II and Title IX, (see application details); Dolores Haugen, Section 504 Officer, (see application details). Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466
(see application details) style="font-family: Verdana"> Benefits not applicable.