Pharmacist - Pediatrics Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Medical / Healthcare Jobs - Chapel Hill - 144 views
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides care of patients by optimizing medication use and drug distribution services.
UNC Children's Hospital
UNC Children's clinical home, N.C. Children's Hospital, is a major referral center for children with complex conditions and consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of "America's Best Children's Hospitals" on its annual list. N.C. Children's Hospital has 150 inpatient beds and a comprehensive children's outpatient center located in the same building, enabling patients to see multiple specialists in a single visit.
Department of Pharmacy Overview:
The Department of Pharmacy is a dynamic and critical part of patient care provided by the UNC Health Care system. UNC's Department of Pharmacy is an organization of more than 500 dedicated employees with focused attention oncaringforpatientsoftheUNCHealthCaresystem.Weareculturallydiverseandhaveavarietyof backgrounds, interests, capabilities, and experience.
The Department is highly interactive with the University of North Carolina Eshelman School of Pharmacy, located on the same Chapel Hill campus. UNC Hospitals and Clinics acts as a major clinical and administrative training site for these pharmacy students. In addition, the Department of Pharmacy has> 40pharmacy residents in a variety of general and specialty training environments.
Our mission is to provide quality, patient-centered care, in collaboration with other healthcare professionals, for all pediatric patients within the Children's Hospital by practicing evidenced-based medicine, optimizing medication use and distribution while ensuring medication safety. The Pediatric Services at UNC Hospitals and Clinics are in a period of growth. Both UNC Hospitals and the Department of Pharmacy have realized the significant potential that exists through enhancing current Clinical and Operational pharmacy services within the pediatric division.
The team is seeking a highly motivated, energetic, and dynamic pharmacist that will help further expand upon the existing award winning practice model in the area of Pediatric Pharmacy Services. The pharmacist will work in a multidisciplinary environment to provide comprehensive pharmaceutical care to multiple services including Hematology/Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplant, Intensive Care (Pediatric, Cardiac, and Neonatal), Pulmonary/Cystic Fibrosis, Endocrine, Cardiology and general Pediatric patients. The position will be responsible for taking students from the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy as well as precepting both PGY 1 and PGY 2 residents in pediatrics.
The position will be responsible for maintaining consistent evening and weekend decentralized clinical pharmacy services in the UNC Children's Hospital. Two pharmacists will be hired to rotate weekly, working seven days in a row for 10 hour shifts followed by seven days off.
- Participation in daily patient care rounds (for services with evening rounds eg. PICU/PCICU)
- Monitor drug therapy to evaluate appropriateness of use including therapeutic drug monitoring
- Maintain patient profiles within electronic medical record to facilitate communication
- Antimicrobial management and stewardship
- Ensure adherence to formulary
- Ensure timely medication access for service patients; including order review and verification
- Facilitate discharge and transfer of patients (ie. medication reconciliation and discharge counseling)
- Adverse Drug Event and Medication Error Reporting
- Staff education
- Code Blue participation
- Precept pharmacy students and residents and provide didactic education
- Respond to drug information requests
- Protocol and guideline development
- Participation in research and quality improvement initiatives
Representation on hospital or departmental committees
- Completion of an ASHP-accredited Pharmacy Practice(PGY1) Residency, Specialty(PGY2) Residency, or equivalent work experience in pediatrics is preferred.
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent communication skills; leadership skills; self-initiative, innovative, and collaborative skills; analytical and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate behaviors consistent UNC Healthcare's Core Behaviors as a guiding principle.
- Academic appointment with the UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy is available, commensurate with experience.
- Lean or Six-Sigma training/certification with demonstrated application of its principles.
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy.
- Eligible for licensure as a Registered Pharmacist in NC. Licensure from NC Board of Pharmacy required within 6 months of orientation date or sooner if required for operations.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity : UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit : Pharmacy Pediatrics
Work Type : Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week : 40.00
Work Schedule : Evening Job
Location of Job : US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime : Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
UNC Health is an integrated health care system owned by the state of North Carolina and based in Chapel Hill. UNC Health is committed to empowering health, not just health care. From Magnet recognition to being named one of America’s Best Employers by Forbes Magazine, we’re proud to say that our hard work is consistently recognized, awarded, and celebrated.
UNC Health and our 33,000 employees, continue to serve as North Carolina’s Health Care System, caring for patients from all 100 counties and beyond our borders. We continue to leverage the world-class research conducted in the UNC School of Medicine, translating that innovation to life-saving and life-changing therapies, procedures, and techniques for the patients who rely on us.