People Operations Manager HND / BA / BSc Job2024-01-31 09:30 Administrative / Management Lagos 67 views
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking a People Operations Manager to be directly involved in recruiting and staffing, training and development, and workplace culture and employee engagement. The ideal candidate will be an HR professional with prior experience in working with large-scale operations and a passion for creating a positive and engaging workplace culture.
- Improve field agent hiring: While ensuring timely hiring of great field agents, work with the people operations department to improve the efficiency of the process for hiring field agents. Continuously work to advance the quality of our new recruits.
- Manage the People Operations Associate: Ensure that they are effective and meet their targets of recruiting, interviewing and onboarding new field agents.
- Implement HR strategies: Support the company's growth and success at our Nigerian office by carrying out our HR strategies.
- Acquire new talent: Implement effective recruitment strategies, source potential candidates and advise on the selection of potential new hires.
- Develop HR Policies: Collaborate to develop, improve, and implement our HR policies.
- Ensure compliance: Research and advice on local labor laws and regulations in Nigeria.
- Standardize HR: Coordinate with the Global People Operations Team to ensure standardized implementation of HR services and support.
- Improve employee onboarding: Co-manage and build the employee onboarding and orientation program with the Global Director of People Operations, to ensure new hires have a positive and engaging experience.
- Build current employee skills: Advise on the development and implementation of employee training programs.
Career Growth and Development:
- We have a strong culture of constant learning and we support your professional development. You will also have weekly check-ins with the Global People Operations Director, who will provide regular feedback on your performance. You will have the opportunity to make rewarding contributions to the development of this growing social enterprise.
Reporting and Relationships:
- This role will report directly to the Country Director, maintain a strong collaborative connection with the Global People Operations Director, and engage extensively with the Nigerian leadership team. The ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with multiple staff at a variety of levels will be important to the success of this role.
Location and Travel Requirements:
- This position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria. Domestic travel will be expected, up to 8 weeks per year.
Experience and Skills Required
- Bachelor's Degree and certification in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- 5-8 years of experience in HR management
- Proven experience in designing and implementing HR strategies that support the growth and success of a business
- Strong knowledge of Nigerian HR laws, regulations, and best practices
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- High level of integrity
- Experience living and working in northern Nigeria is strongly preferred
- English proficiency with 100% fluency; ability to speak Hausa and/or other northern languages, strongly preferred; additional language skills are welcomed
- Experience with HRIS systems and HR metrics and reporting preferred
- Experience in the social enterprise sector in Sub-Saharan Africa is welcomed
- Experience with international HR compliance is welcomed.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online