Peer Support Training Coordinator at Disability Community Resource Center Any Educational Level Job6 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Los Angeles - 198 views
The Peer Support Training Coordinator (PST Coordinator) is under the direction and supervision of the Program Manager. The PST Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and supervising the Peer Specialist Training (PST) Program.
· Conduct initial interviews with new DCRC members, including collecting all information requested by DCRC and completing all documentation requested by DCRC.
· Provide three (3) hours of outreach per quarter (3 months) for a total of 12 hours a year with one (1) hour dedicated to presenting a substantive presentation to a group of 5 or more people and the two (2) hours dedicated to representing DCRC at a resource fair or other similar community event.
· Develop transportation goals with DCRC members and distribute transportation assistance to eligible DCRC members.
· Develop, implement PST curriculum and update as needed.
· Participate in outreach and marketing activities including external presentations.
· Recruit both members and PST participants.
· Coordinate all PST activities.
· Train and supervise PST staff.
· Provide Peer Counseling as needed and appropriate to assigned members and PST students.
· Supervise maintenance of member files and all required documentation.
· Conduct program evaluation and monitoring activities.
· Ensure program compliance in accordance with funder requirements and complete required reports.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
· Lived experience as a person with a mental health disability.
· Extensive knowledge and involvement with the Department of Mental Health.
· Two years’ experience working with disabled individuals and/or older adults in the areas of community outreach and social services.
· Demonstrate proficiency in psychosocial assessment skills, familiarity with community resources and knowledge of issues of concern to disabled individuals and/or older adults, both locally and nationally.
· Possess interpersonal skills needed to interact effectively and diplomatically with a variety of staff, volunteers and members of the community.
· Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively (oral/written).
· Demonstrated ability in basic computer literacy.
· Proven ability to work both independently and as a team member. A self-starter who requires minimal supervision and direction to implement and multi-task projects.
· Must be able to travel as required.
· Life experience with disability as well as knowledge of the Independent Living Movement philosophy preferred.
· Bilingual skills (Spanish or American Sign Language) preferred.
· Experience in domestic violence/sexual assault preferred.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and the completed employment application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also fax your application documents to 310-390-4906 or drop them off to our Mar Vista office located at 12901 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90066.
Employment forms are located on our website at:
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
12901 Venice Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90066