Paddy Inventory Supervisor-H&W Rice Company HND / BA / BSc Job1 week ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Yola - 58 views
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-time
- Responsible for grading, inspecting, and analyzing incoming paddy and milled rice shipments for quality standards. Manage inventory in tanks by recording inventory information,maintaining paddy tanks, drags, elevators, and areas around pits.
- Obtain probe sample from each delivery truck and check for various product quality characteristics including insects.
- Take inventory of paddy tanks and report whether the tank is empty or full.
- Manage inventory in tanks by providing inventory information to millers; label tanks daily with product variety; write tank information on board in the mill.
- Write reports on samples collected and document accordingly.
- Direct trucks to the appropriate mill for unloading.
- Obtain load white tag and verify variety, warehouse, and tank number.
- Act as weigh master when necessary.
- Distinguish paddy rice classes; identify quality standards such as damage, stained, etc.
- Oversee the cleaning of paddy tanks, drags, elevators and cement area around pit.
- Regularly check gates at top of tanks to ensure opening/closing mechanisms are operating correctly.
- Ensure that the equipments and work area are always clean and tidy.
- Operate paddy sample dryer to obtain paddy moisture content regularly.
- Communicate with miller to determine tank in use.
- Use vacuum probe for the sampling of silos, warehouse and outside storage areas as needed.
- Perform rough rice appraisals and document accordingly.
Qualification and Experiences
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years’ relevant experience of rice paddy inventory.
- Ordinary National Diploma (OND)
- Preferred candidate should have experience working in a manufacturing or rice processing plant.
- Ability to speak the Hausa Language is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
10th May, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
We are recruiting to fill the position