Operations Systems Analyst Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - New York City - 143 views
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. Were looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This is an Operations position responsible for the implementation, upgrades, maintenance and training/support of all Operations department systems sites within a region. Must understand and recommend system enhancements to improve profitability and productivity. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, validating the data produced and performing statistical analysis for the Operations Department Management and may also include providing management and direction to slotting staff.
- Understands, utilizes and seeks continuous improvements in the use of all Operations information systems including, but not limited to, Sysco Warehouse Management System (SWMS), Sysco Order Selection system (SOS), Sysco Loading System (SLS), slotting system, cubing, load mapping, Sysco Transportation System (STS), onboard computer system, routing software, safe driver behavior modification management software, engineered standards, business metrics reporting, incentive pay reporting and SAP and/or other systems as identified.
- Responsible for the accountability, inventory, and maintenance of all Operations systems hardware, software, and radio frequency (RF) equipment, ensuring the efficient operation of the department.
- Acts as a Region Operations Liaison for Operation systems upgrades.
- Collaborate with local and corporate resources to schedule and complete system enhancements
- Trains users in Operations hardware and/or software systems.
- Recommends Operations systems hardware and software upgrades within Company guidelines.
- Reviews and manages service contracts as necessary.
- Develops and provides reports for management as directed.
- Typical requests consist of consolidating information from various sources to provide executive summaries, trends, metrics, etc. (labor costs, accuracy, results, etc.)
- Analyze data, identifies opportunities and propose actions to increase the effectiveness of the Operations departments.
- Communicates with all other areas of the company as necessary and provides Operations information and reports as requested.
- Collaborates with the Transportation Department and the Inbound and Outbound Warehouse management staff to maximize productivity.
- Serves as essential personnel in times of catastrophic events and emergencies (hurricane, facility malfunction, etc.) locally and/or at other operating companies as required.
- Performs management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations if required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, FDA, USDA, etc.)
Required Minimum Education/Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One to three years of operations experience with information systems; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months.
Abilities & Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure; compute rate, ratio, and percent; uses whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; demonstrates a general understanding of financial terminology and concepts.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrates excellent subject matter knowledge of, experience with and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs and/or equivalent products. (i.e. Sysco Warehouse Management System (SWMS), Sysco Order Selection system (SOS), Sysco Loading System (SLS), slotting system, cubing, load mapping, Sysco Transportation System (STS), onboard computer system, routing software, safe driver behavior modification management software, engineered standards, business metrics reporting, incentive pay reporting, spreadsheet software, word processing software, SAP and/or other systems as identified.
- Proficient in the use of all tools of the trade.
- Working knowledge of shipping procedures and practices; inventory control processes, procedures, and practices; and inventoried product line specifications (dimensions, weight, etc.)
- Demonstrate knowledge of methods, techniques, and procedures involved in repairs and replacement of hardware, software, and radiofrequency equipment.
- Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Understands team dynamics and work well within a team structure.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts proactively and constructively.
- Ability to understand and execute all relevant policies and procedures in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Ability to work in a disciplined, consistent, timely and objective manner and capable of following established policies, procedures and practices.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulations.
- Ability to plan and organize own activities; analyze and disseminate forms; manage work time efficiently; follow procedures and policies; identify and solve problems; and manage multiple priorities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The associate is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance; use hands and fingers to operate a calculator, computer and/or telephone.
- The associate is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts.
- The associate works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call.
- The associate may occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places.
- The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Proud to be recognized as a Top Diversity Employer by DiversityJobs for the 2nd consecutive year!