Operations Specialist Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 month ago - Other categories - San Francisco - 88 views
The Operations Specialist will provide client and administrative support to Tides Advocacy. In general, this position requires an energetic, detail-oriented, assertive person with a positive attitude who can adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The Operations Specialist is a non-exempt position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Client Service Support (60%)
- Serve as the primary point of contact for operational support to advisors and their portfolio of clients in coordination with the Operations team members.
- Support development and execution for client related contracts, service agreements, grants, MOUs, leases, and similar documents in close coordination with Tides Advocacy Advisors and other departments.
- Provide support to the service team that includes, but is not limited to, processing basic financial support for client/vendor payments and reimbursements, and sending monthly financial reports to clients.
- Assist Operations team in weekly compliance review of payments
- Assist with the entire grants cycle including processing/review of grants, communications with clients and grantees, entering data into the grants management database, setting up grants for review and approval by staff, and setting up payments on approved grants.
- Coordinate document routing for additional review, approval, signature and filing in accordance with Tides Advocacy policies and procedures.
- Maintain rapid turn-around time for client requests and provide initial review for completeness and compliance.
Internal Support (30%)
- Develop expertise in compliance, rules and regulations; work closely with Deputy Director and Operations team members to identify opportunities for learning.
- Develop expertise in upholding policies and procedures when providing service for clients; contribute to ongoing review and refinement of policies and procedures.
- Track grant administration, reporting, and compliance for key organizational partners in the Tides family of organizations (Tides Center and Tides Foundation grants to Tides Advocacy clients).
- Assist with data integrity, maintenance of team information and queue management in all databases for compliance, risk management, and accuracy.
- Ensure that potential opportunities and leads are managed within the client relationship management system and assist the team in collecting, vetting and shepherding new opportunities to fuel Tides Advocacy's growth and deepen our impact.
- Review and update Salesforce's records for Tides Advocacy prospective and existing clients, but not limited to, the creation of new active accounts, projects, vendors and contacts, leads and opportunities transition.
- Maintain and update Tides Advocacy forms and resources.
- Work across the organization to improve and streamline systems and workflows.
Special Projects (10%)
- Provide operational support for internal and external events as needed, such as staff retreats, office events, etc.
- Special assignments, projects and tasks to meet goals and needs of the team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Salesforce, DocuSign, NetSuite and/or the Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Strong organizational skills - tidy, efficient, ability to multitask.
- Self-starter, quick learner, and collaborative are also desired.
- Excellent ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a friendly demeanor.
- High attention to detail with strong organizational skills, the ability to balance workload under deadlines and with multiple priorities.
- Superb communication skills (verbal/written); Able to present accurate and appropriate information, engage in a direct and truthful manner, and hold information confidential with excellent judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to hold information confidential with excellent judgment.
- Demonstrated interest in social change/social justice through jobs or volunteer work.
Ability to hold self and others accountable for high-quality, timely, and effective results that meet the needs of internal and external clients and strive for a high level of client satisfaction.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent years of related work experience.
- 3-5+ years of experience in a similar support position; administrative experience necessary.
- Experience in fiscal sponsorship, grants management, and/or 501c4 organizations preferred
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. If you seek an accommodation, please advise in writing at the time you apply.
Bringing Bold Ideas to Life
Tides’ vision of a world of shared prosperity and social justice is founded on equality and human rights; a sustainable environment; healthy individuals and communities; and quality education. We work at the nexus of funders, changemakers and policy, bringing together a large and diverse coalition of mission-aligned actors to amplify our power to scale positive impact.
Tides’ impact solutions include philanthropic giving and grantmaking, impact investing, fiscal sponsorship and acceleration services for social ventures, collaborative workspaces, collective initiatives, and advocacy services for policy change. Our extensive tools and know-how give our partners the freedom to hit the ground running and drive change faster than they can on their own.