Operations/Office Manager - Black Girls CODE Bachelor's Degree Job6 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Oakland - 149 views
ABOUT BLACK GIRLS CODE:
Launched in 2011, Black Girls CODE (BGC) is devoted to showing the world that black girls can code, and do so much more. By reaching out to the community through workshops and after school programs, Black Girls CODE introduces computer programming and technology to girls from underrepresented communities in technology areas such as web design, robotics, gaming, mobile app development and more. By cultivating the next generation of coders we hope to grow the number of women of color in technology and give underrepresented girls a chance to become the future leaders in technology and the masters of their technological worlds. We thrive on working in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. We represent a diversity of backgrounds, a wealth of experience and a lot of fun.
The Operations/Office Manager performs light secretarial and administrative support duties to relieve staff of a variety of administrative details; plan, coordinate and organize office activities and coordinate flow of communications and information for the assigned staff.
- Perform operations and administrative support duties to our west coast team and work collaboratively with our broader operations staff.
- Receive, screen and route telephone calls and manage visits to our Oakland office; refer calls or visitors to appropriate staff members.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies, reordering when necessary to maintain stock levels.
- Receive, sort and route incoming mail; review and determine priority of incoming mail.
- Create and track purchase orders for the west coast operation and coordinate with our east coast team as needed.
- Operate a variety of office equipment including a copier, fax machine; operate a computer and peripheral equipment to record information and generate lists, reports and other materials; utilize inventory software.
- Support the operations of the organization, including helping to manage logistics around our programs (food, transit, speakers, etc) and support maintenance activities/utilities in office.
- Provide support to program staff on special projects and initiatives.
- Assist with special event planning.
- Take on related projects as assigned by staff with creativity, initiative, and self-direction.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a small and growing team in a dynamic startup environment. The position offers great potential for learning and affords real opportunity to have a tangible impact on communities across the country. Solid written and verbal communication skills, ability to pay attention to detail and maintain confidentiality, strong interpersonal skills and commitment to working with a diverse staff are essential to successfully carry out the duties of this position.
- This position requires at least 2-3 years of office clerical/administrative support experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office products (primarily MS Word, Excel and Outlook).
- College degree or equivalent required.
- Prior start-up work experience is preferred, but not required.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational management skills
- Prioritize duties and responsibilities and respond with a sense of urgency for high priority matters
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player that enjoys helping others
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and work independently
How to Apply
Interested candidates should complete our applicant assessment at our intake portal here: http://bit.ly/2n0kytA. Please upload a copy of your resume and cover letter via the portal (no additional emails required). We will only respond to resumes from applicants who complete the assessment on the applicant portal.
Position open immediately.
1736 Franklin Street, 10th Floor, Oakland, CA 94612