Operations Manager - Brilliant Earth Bachelor's Degree Job8 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - San Francisco - 222 views
We are seeking a results-driven, innovative and passionate leader to serve in the role of Diamond Operations Manager for Brilliant Earth within our Operations team. Our Operations team is dedicated to delivering excellence from the time a customer places an order to the moment a customer opens their package. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day logistics for diamond operations, including maintaining strong relationships with our vendor partners, managing QA, and managing our internal diamond operations team. The primary objectives of this position are to maximize efficiency, quality, and customer experience critical to Brilliant Earth’s success.
Join our team of committed problem solvers who are passionate about ensuring that every Brilliant Earth purchase meets the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship.
The ideal person for this role thrives in fast-paced startup environments and has demonstrated an ability to be effective with finite resources. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals, as well as our business goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage relationships with partners and vendors, including overseeing day to day vendor interactions, and handling escalations.
- Oversee logistics of diamond ordering, intake, and returns.
- Identify and develop new relationships and onboard new vendors to meet quality and sourcing guidelines.
- Manage existing vendor relationships including cost negotiation, investigating cost discrepancies, and quality oversight.
- Ensure diamond supply chain is well developed and maintained to ensure a superior customer experience, timeliness, and a high level of efficiency.
- Responsible for managing day to day diamond operations activities and deadlines. Ensure cost effectiveness, high quality, and overall process efficiency.
- Partner cross-functionally to onboard new vendors and ensure accurate inventory tracking.
- Formulate and implement systems, policies and procedures to ensure smooth operation of business. Continually improve and automate systems.
- Manage operations teams to empower individuals and help solve day to day problems.
- Manage and guide performance and professional development of team.
- Coordinate and allocate tasks and resources to ensure general operations run smoothly.
- Recruit, hire and grow team over time to meet company objectives.
Specific qualifications include:
- 4+ years operations experience, including 2+ years managing a cross-functional team of direct reports
- Operations management experience in a product, retail, or ecommerce company (jewelry experience a plus)
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively
- Entrepreneurial spirit /self-starter
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of ERP systems
- Interest in socially and environmentally responsible organizations and products
Brilliant Earth offers a competitive benefits package. As a full-time Brilliant Earth employee, you can choose to enroll in medical, dental and vision insurance plans, 401(k) plan, and commuter benefits. We offer maternity and paternity leave, an open PTO policy, and an employee discount on our products.
Brilliant Earth is committed to the principles of Equal Employment. We are committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws providing Equal Employment Opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a work environment and hiring process which is free of harassment or discrimination because of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal, State or local laws.
How to Apply
26 O'Farrell Street, San Francisco, CA 94108