Oncology Nurse at the NSIA-LUTH Cancer Center (NLCC) HND / BA / BSc Job2022-09-21 14:52 Medical / Healthcare Lagos 157 views
Job Title: Oncology Nurse
- Provide clinical care utilizing skills to ensure Patient-focused evidence-based nursing care plans.
- Coordinate the clinical management of patient/client care.
- Delivering anti-cancer treatments to patients.
- Provide patient assessment skills, IV cannulation and venous access device management.
- Support registered nurses that need training in the oncology field.
- Observe the clinical progress of patients, and recognize and manage identified treatment side effects.
- Enhance patient flow, and deliver the right care at the right time in the outpatient setting.
- Mix chemotherapy drugs according to international best practices and standards.
- Provide continuous support to the cancer patients and family members.
- Participate in oncology research.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned within the unit.
- 3-5 years’ experience within a hospital setting.
- Must be a Registered Nurse, previous experience in oncology will be an added advantage.
- Having worked in a specialized unit (ICU/Dialysis/ Theater) is key.
- Have a good knowledge and experience in medical-surgical operations and/or radiation.
- S/he must have eyes for details, must show empathy to patients assigned for treatment;
- S/he must be able to communicate (read and write) in the English language. The ability to speak another local language will be an added advantage.
- An excellent team player with good time management skills.
- Typing proficiency and computer literacy.
- Patient triage.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.