OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST in PORTLAND, Maine | Careers at PORTLAND, ME 04101 Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Other categories - Portland - 161 views
Our therapy team executes customized treatment plans that deliver real results and exceed patients' expectations. If you're motivated to give our clients a more positive quality of life we encourage you to apply today!
- Performs occupational therapy evaluation and treatment of patients based upon physician orders/referrals
- Completes a comprehensive evaluation using appropriate evaluation and assessment tools and procedures
- Reviews patient records for current diagnosis, past medical history, precautions & contraindications
- Establishes measurable goals and develops treatment plan to move the patient toward his or her maximum level of independence and/or function
- Regularly re-assesses effectiveness of treatment plan, progress of patient towards goals and the need for modifying goals or treatment
- Communicates patient's needs and progress to the treatment team, physician, person receiving services, family members, as applicable.
- Consults with medical providers regarding patient evaluation and treatment, progress of the patient and discharge from treatment
- Recommends, designs, or assists in ordering special adaptive equipment for the person served to improve function. Incorporates the use of adaptive equipment to enhance the rehab program
- Maintains and submits evaluation, treatment and billing documentation in the format and timelines required by the Company, facility, funding source, local, state and federal regulations
- Adheres to standards of the Company's Code of Business Conduct, policies, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and Corporate Compliance programs and appropriate professional practice standards and applicable state/federal laws.
- Attends, participates in and/or conducts internal staff development programs and meetings; obtains continuing education as required by company policy and regulations; maintains and enhances clinical practice skills
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Therapy from a college or university with accredited Occupational Therapy program
- Current, unrestricted license as an Occupational Therapist by state in which practicing
- Current Basic Life Support or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certification in accordance state regulations
- A minimum of one year's work experience as an Occupational Therapist preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of rehabilitation techniques related to complex neurological injury required
- Communicates effectively and professionally in verbal and written interactions
- Demonstrates strong organization skills and attention to detail
- The candidate/employee will have the physical ability to perform job related duties which may require sitting, lifting, standing, bending, stooping, stretching, walking, pushing, and pulling
- A health screen or examination may be required prior to assignment and periodically thereafter, depending on the specific location policy, local or state regulations to verify that he/she is physically capable of performing assigned duties with or without reasonable accommodations
About our Line of Business
BrightSpring Health Services is the leading provider of complementary pharmacy, and comprehensive home and community-based health services for complex populations in need of specialized care. Through the company's eleven lines of business including home care, hospice, community living, behavioral health, family and youth, pharmacy, neuro rehabilitation, home health, applied behavior analysis and workforce development, the focus is on providing comprehensive care services, specialized care and clinical services to patients nationwide. For more information, visit (please use the apply button below). Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
The company is the leading provider of diversified home and community-based health and pharmacy services to medically complex and high-need populations. Its primary businesses include: behavioral health (including autism services), home health care (including personal care, home health, and hospice), neuro therapy, and job placement and vocational training, supported by pharmacy and telecare ancillary technologies and services. These businesses employ over 50,000 dedicated team members in 50 states and provide services for over 350,000 people every day.