Occupational Health Nurse, GS-12 (Open to U.S. Citizens) - Human Resources Division - Washington, DC and Huntsville, AL Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - New York City - 211 views
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- ALL applicants must verify completion of the basic education requirement by submitting a copy of college transcripts by the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
- This position MAY require evening and weekend work.
- Some travel may be required.
- Applicants must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) and possess an active, current, unrestricted license as a registered nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Serves as an Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) in the Medical Operations and Readiness Unit (MORU), within the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Headquarters, in collaboration with FBI physicians and other healthcare professionals, to determine how to best serve the nursing needs of the Bureau.
- Ensures the medical readiness of the workforce through the administration of the Fitness for Duty (FFD), Medical Mandates, Travel Medicine and Immunization Programs.
- Provides clinical advisory services, ensures compliance with clinical and regulatory guidelines, and promotes health and wellness of the workforce.
- Responsible for preparing a variety of communications, including but not limited to medical case reports and statistical medical readiness reports. Maintains communication with other FBI OHNs, Regional Program Managers and MORU Administrators. Responsible for timely documentation in the EMR as defined by MORU.
- Responsible for proper maintenance and monitoring of Health Services Office (HSO) medical equipment and ensures standard quality control procedures are implemented.
- Assessment and nursing care - Responsible for treatment of routine, work-related illness or injuries and responds to medical emergencies on FBI property or property where FBI has a medical clinic presence. Provides limited treatment and/or treatment referral in accordance with applicable FBI policies, procedures and protocols.
- Health promotion/education - Provides health promotion activities within the scope of FBI directives and accepted standards of occupational nursing practice. Activities cover areas such as health and wellness, travel medicine, nutrition, as well as, disease specific topics.
- Fitness for Duty (FFD) evaluations and medical surveillance - Assesses occupational health of applicants and employees with a fitness for duty requirement and is responsible for review of OSHA required medical screenings conducted for identified positions. Schedules fitness for duty examinations as required. Performs medical tests, based upon accepted standards of occupation health practice and agency directives, including, spirometry, hearing, vision, and EKG's, when indicated. Prepares employees for official travel. Reviews medical reports, diagnostic tests and laboratory findings. Documents all medical interactions and reviews in the electronic record keeping system according to MORU policy and protocols
- Health administration - Responsible for monitoring and reporting contract medical facility performance concerns to the designated MORU personnel. Monitors local Fitness for Duty financial expenditures and reports monthly spending to assigned MORU representative. Responsible for developing and maintaining workforce health programs tailored to support operational mission and goals. Conducts research and identifies possible new approaches in health program design, direction and delivery.
To apply to this position, interested applicants must provide a complete application package by the closing date. The following items are REQUIRED :
- Your resume, specifically noting relevant work experience and associated start and end dates.
- A complete assessment questionnaire.
- Official College transcripts which display the graduation date.
- Registered Nurse License.
- Other supporting documentation (if applicable):
- Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50
- Most recent performance appraisal. Please note: this does not apply to current FBI employees.
- For Veterans: DD 214, and for Disabled Veterans: DD 214, SF-15, and VA letter dated 1991 or later.
Positive Education Requirement
This position has a specific education requirement, all applicants must verify completion of this basic educational requirement by submitting a copy of their college transcripts by the closing date of the vacancy.
Basic Education: Applicants MUST have a degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed by the applicant. Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the above requirements provided you can show foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States.
YOU MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR TRANSCRIPTS TO DOCUMENT THAT YOU HAVE MET THE EDUCATION REQUIREMENT. UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE ACCEPTED IN THE APPLICATION; HOWEVER, OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO BEGINNING EMPLOYMENT.
Applicants must have passed the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) and possess an active, current, unrestricted license as a registered nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Applicants must meet the qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Please make sure your specialized experience/requirement(s) can be identified in your resume.
In addition to meeting the BASIC REQUIREMENTS above, applicants must also meet the specialized experience (SE) requirement as described below:
GS 12 : Applicant must have one (1) year of specialized experience (SE) equivalent to the GS 11 level. Specialized experience is:
- Experience in a wide range of professional nursing.
- Experience performing diagnostic evaluations using multiple evaluation tools, reviewing medical records, interpreting evaluation tests, and developing short and long-term goals.
- Experience applying federal and applicable state laws, regulations and directives regulating occupational and environmental health nursing.
- Experience with preventive medicine programs and services.
Desired skills are NOT mandatory and will NOT be utilized to minimally qualify applicants.
- Experience equivalent to 2 years in occupational or workplace health at the required grade level indicated in the Specialized Experience listed above.
Education may NOT be substituted for specialized experience.
How to Apply
For detailed instructions related to applying, uploading documents, withdrawing an application or updating your application, please review instructions on How to Apply . You must complete this application process and submit all required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing date of this posting. If applying online is a hardship, please use the contact information listed in the job posting prior to the closing date for assistance.
You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on the closing date of this announcement. If applying online is a hardship, please contact the HR Specialist listed in the vacancy announcement prior to the closing date for assistance.
What to Expect Next
Once your complete application is received we will conduct an evaluation of your qualifications and determine your ranking. The Most Competitive candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified of your status throughout the process.
- Veterans' Preference
If you are entitled to veterans' preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume and application. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency.
Nepotism is the act of favoring relatives in the hiring process, and is prohibited by law. Public officials are prohibited from hiring or promoting relatives or relatives of officials in their chain of command, as well as actively or indirectly endorse a relative's appointment or promotion.
During the hiring process, all selected candidates and FBI hiring managers will be required to certify they are not related to anyone involved in the hiring process.
Reasonable Accommodation Request
The FBI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please notify the Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Affairs (OEEOA) Reasonable Accommodation (RA) Program by either e-mail at (see application details), telephone at (see application details), or FAX at (see application details). Your request will receive an individualized assessment.
This e-mail address is only for reasonable accommodation requests. Please do not submit your application and/or any questions unrelated to reasonable accommodations. Should any applications be received, they will not be forwarded for consideration during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The FBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for this vacancy. Except where otherwise prohibited by law, selection will be made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism, or any other non-merit factors.
The FBI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation; sick leave; holidays; telework; life insurance; health benefits; and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System.
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees: (please use the apply button below)
|apply nowapply now|