Nutrition Officer at CARE International HND / BA / BSc Job7 months ago - Other categories - Nguru - 287 views
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
Location: Nguru, Yobe
Position Type: Regular
Supervisor: Assistant Project Manager
- The Nutrition Officer will monitor and support the performance of nutrition activities.
- He/She will manage and train field level nutrition staff, performing on-going monitoring and support supervision, provide guidance to LGA partners on policy and methodology, program planning and staff capacity building.
- To coordinate the implementation of SAM, MAM and Infant and young child feeding practices and other nutrition programs.
- Assist the Program Manager to manage, train and develop the Nutrition team on nutrition screening and distribution
- Schedule the daily activities for Nutrition Community Mobilizers regarding screening, referral and follow up of SAM and MAM child under 5 years old.
- Ensure that Nutrition Data are reliable and correct
- Implement Infant Young Child Feeding messaging and care group mother model in both LGAs
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
- Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
- Any other task assigned by supervisor
- May represent CARE Nigeria in humanitarian coordination meetings, taskforces, clusters and technical working groups that are related to nutrition in emergency and recovery/resilience context.
- Given the stressful nature of Yobe security situation, which remains fluid and unpredictable and its high interpersonal and communication skills demands, the Nutrition Officer will need to be able to fit easily into a complex and highly operative team of various cultural backgrounds.
Qualifications & Experience Required Education
- University degree in any of the following disciplines: Nutrition, Public Health or related field,
- At least 4 years of postgraduate professional experience in nutrition, public health, development, or food aid support
- Experience with survey methodologies, nutrition assessment and relevant data analysis. Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of Nutrition and/or Public Health
- Advanced computers skills at least intermediate skills in windows based word processing, spreadsheet and nutrition/public health software
- Ability to establish priorities, plan, coordinate and organize own work plan
- Resourcefulness, initiative, maturity, tact, advocacy skills
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, communication and public speaking skills
- Understanding of political dynamics, foreign policy decision making procedures
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relations with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and detailed CV as a single document indicating clearly in the subject line of the email the position being applied for and the location (in Caps e.g. (Nutrition Officer - Yunusari) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- CARE strongly encourage women to apply
- Applicants must be residents of Yunusari, Yusufari and Nguru.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CARE considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to race, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, color, national origin, marital status, or veteran status.
- There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Please note that CARE will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.