Network Security and Business Continuity Engineer Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Arlington - 173 views
The Advisor will be liaison between key government agencies to represent Verizon in communication industry discussions and cross-sector initiatives on network reliability and disaster recovery best practices. This position will report to the Central Engineering Real Estate Planning and Partnerships group which is responsible to shape strategies and partnerships that are aimed at guiding spectrum and real estate deployments.
In this role, you will serve as the key conduit between various governmental agencies and Verizon network entities. You will serve in both a proactive and reactive role, interfacing with numerous agencies preparing and proposing Wireless Network plans to recover from any disasters. Through this interaction with governmental agencies you will identify requirements for strategic network, process and protocol development or enhancements, and provide insights to the relevant Network and Legal Verizon teams. You will be responsible to implement or drive implementation of these identified development/enhancements. Driving the delivery of a proper set Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery documentation will also be your responsibility. Through disasters or other anomalous events, you will serve as the prime Verizon Wireless Network liaison with all governmental coordinating agencies. You will be responsible to provide regular network updates, to coordinate the delivery of critical information between the different stakeholders, to update the governmental agencies about Verizon Wireless response, capabilities and actions:
- Security clearance required; located in DC area in order to gain access to secured areas for meetings/ receive and send secured/classified communications.
- Primary POC for and liaison to CISA/NCC for Emergency Wireless Protocols (EWP) shutdown procedures.
- NORS/DIRS FCC Verizon Wireless Outage Coordinator.
- Initial POC for FCC Public Safety Bureau and State Emergency Management Agencies.
- Represent Verizon to US Department of Homeland Security both for BAU and disaster incidents; Represent Verizon in Communications Industry and cross-sector discussions and initiatives on network reliability/disaster recovery best practices.
- Providing report-outs to US DHS and other government agencies on behalf of Verizon; responsible for providing report-outs/government requests to CMTs to ensure swift response(s) to US agencies.
- Leveraging knowledge of Verizon priorities to identify strategic opportunities in spectrum deployment and ensure the delivery of our strategies to DC Regulatory and the FCC.
- Proactively engage with governmental agencies on network-related matters on behalf Verizon, identifying potential process/protocol/technology weaknesses or required enhancements.
- Provide strategic insights to relevant network and legal Verizon teams, implementing or driving implementation of these identified points through documentation and/or actions.
- Representing Verizon at an executive level to industry groups.
- Providing Network teams with strategic guidance and direction regarding spectrum priorities.
What we’re looking for...
You are a decisive, quick, forward-thinking, strategic, and tactical thought leader. You have exceptional influencing skills and preferred experience working across areas and levels of the organization. You havestrong leadership, strategic thinking, decision-making, and communication skills. You have the ability to navigate cross-functionally and establish strong collaborative partnerships at an executive level. You have a technical understanding of all wireless network function, key governmental players, spectrum bands, and the political environment that could surround some particular and sensitive topics.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS-SCI security clearance.
Even better if you have:
- Strong people leader with an ability to influence, grow and develop a team.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with the ability to gather and organize data and develop recommendations.
- Ability to own issues/risk decisions and manage on an ongoing basis.
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategically and across broad areas of a business.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams to meet business objectives.
- Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to translate complex ideas and express them in concise, simple to understand ways.
- Ability to act with relative independence in area of responsibility.
- Detail-oriented, results driven, strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in RF network architecture, Engineering, and Operations.
- Experience with large scale strategy development.
- Experience leading complex projects requiring a high-level of stakeholder engagement across multiple organizations.
- Telecom industry experience with a focus on spectrum strategy and/or policy.
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
What you’ll be doing...
The Cary Network Management Center is seeking motivated and driven engineers to support management of Verizon’s Intelligent Edge Network encompassing Unified Transport, NGPON2, Multi-Service Edge, Base Network Controller, IP Routing, and Converged Core technologies.