Network Operations Engineer - Tizeti Network Bachelor's Degree Job2 weeks ago - ICT Job - Lagos - 63 views
Job Description - Network Operations Engineer Key Deliverables
- The Network Operation Centre (NOC) is responsible for ensuring the maximum possible service availability and performance of base stations and internal network Sitting within the NOC, the network team are responsible for managing and Interact frequently with Technical Support, Managed Support, Service Provisioning and Sales teams and communicate ideas and information to people from a non-technical background.
- We also work very closely with the Design and Engineering teams and as such need to have a good all-round understanding of networks and systems.
- Importantly, Develop a solid understanding of products and processes, join our call-out rota providing 24x7 support as well as covering both planned and unplanned out of hours work as required.
- Ensure stable and reliable network services (e.g. access points, service networks and core network).
- Day-to-day network performance monitoring.
- Network troubleshooting and fault analysis; hardware troubleshooting and repair.
- Resolution of trouble tickets and response; carrier interface and escalations.
- Deployment and maintenance of network monitoring, analysis and reporting tools.
- Application of configuration changes via our change control systems and processes.
- Installation of network hardware and software.
- Participate in a 24x7 call-out rota.
- Monitor base station access points and routers
- Build base stations
- Liaise with support/customer service teams with regards to customer complaints and resolution
- Carry out preventive maintenance to ensure uptime is maintained and corrective maintenance in event of network downtime
- Perform network equipment upgrade, installation and configuration
- Provide active network surveillance, maintenance and fault management to ensure optimum uptime, network stability and security
- Create and follow up on trouble tickets about network issues until resolution
- Collate technical documentation and reports on network changes, events and configurations
- Ensure that the base stations have 99% uptime by Target SLAS.
- University degree or HND in Engineering, computer science, information technology, or any other related discipline
- An added advantage to have certifications, such as Networking, Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Tizeti Network Limited (Wifi.com.ng) is a growing NCC licensed Internet Service Provider for Africa. We offer commercial and residential Internet to estates, hotels and multi-tenant buildings.