Music Director - TCI Nigeria Bachelor's Degree Job1 week ago - Media / Advertising / Branding Jobs - Abuja - 28 views
- The Music Director is responsible for the development and promotion of the music program of the church. The music ministry is about calling believers to spiritual renewal and leading them in worship.
- The Music Director will be under the supervision of the Lead Pastor. He must be purpose-driven and demonstrate a strong faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ, and the ability to share their faith with the congregation, particularly through Music.
- The Music Director will be responsible for the planning, organization, conducting, and evaluation of worship services in conjunction with the music and media ministries.
- The music director will provide variety in types of music presented, with contemporary music blended with traditional hymns.
- The music ministry will focus on the totality of our individual and corporate experience of God and create venues for and assist in expressions of praise and worship by leading our congregation in meaningful worship each week.
- The purposes of the music ministry are to facilitate an atmosphere in which God is worshipped and glorified, provide direction, oversight, and coordination of musical, and technical elements of worship services.
- Direct organization and implementation of Church music worship ministry
- In consultation with the Lead Pastor, plan all regular worship services, including selecting Praise and worship, special numbers, hymns, anthems and choral
- Direct all choirs, praise teams, ministries, and ensembles, rendering music for morning worship service, leading weekly rehearsals, selecting music and soloist, assisting musicians and play for other major services throughout the year
- Conduct annual workshops for music staff and choirs
- Collaborate with media technical team to enhance worship experience across all services and environment
- Identifies, recruits, and train gifted individuals and encourages those persons through effective leadership
- Recommend budgetary expenditures for music worship ministry working in conjunction with finance ministry
- Oversee the management and maintenance of the church musical studio and also ensure that the studio is functional.
- Keep informed on the current music methods, materials and administration, utilizing them when applicable
- Develop and Maintain church music library
- Oversee community engagement opportunities with choirs (i.e. Nursing homes, assisted living, schools, neighbourhood events, etc.)
- Communicate details and weekly expectations for choirs, worship leaders, musicians and functions through planned scheduled meetings
- Work closely with the media team regarding all audio and visual needs.
- Any other duties assigned by the Lead Pastor
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
- Bachelors degree (or it's equivalent) in any discipline. (A degree in Music would be an advantage)
- Have a passion for worship and vibrant prayer life.
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated and creative.
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and motivate musicians, choir and technical team members.
- Demonstrable commitment, leadership, and ability to manage people effectively.
- Attested character and integrity, with strong referrals.
- Great administrative, interpersonal, communication (written and oral), organization, and teamwork skills.
- Must be conversant with and abreast of contemporary music and traditional styles.
- Keyboard proficiency required at a professional skilled level
- Must have experience as Music Director or leading choirs and musical groups
- Possess strong vocal skills, musical background and training, with the ability to read music and lead the congregation in worship.
- Proficiency in Music Production software required (Ableton LIVE, ProTools, Logic Pro, etc) will be an added advantage
Very Attractive and Negotiable.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.