Mortgage Staff Accountant Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Clearwater - 143 views
Lennar Mortgage is a proud member of the Lennar family of companies and has the unique opportunity to deliver the personal commitment and accountability of a local lender with the financial backing of a Fortune 150 company.
At Lennar Mortgage, not only do you receive a job - you gain a network, a family, and endless opportunities. Our success is a result of supporting and rewarding our team of elite professionals.
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- FSA (Flexible Savings Account), DSA (Dependent Savings Account)
- 401(k) w/ company matching
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Time Off
- Associate Home Purchase Assistance
- Well Being incentive Bonuses
- Company Holidays (10 annually)
The Staff Accountant provides support to branches during the month end close and throughout the month, answering questions, analyzing and researching financial reports and summarizing the monthly financial status for their branches to upper management. Additionally, the Staff Accountant prepares financial statement packages each month, reviews key balance sheet accounts, corresponds with outside parties, prepares and analyzes budgets and forecasts. They are also responsible for auditing information included in various systems on a branch and loan level. Strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Provide direction to branches and corporate departments on accounting issues.
- Ensure accurate calculation and processing of incentives.
- Compilation of information for use in developing the monthly forecast, including analysis comparing current and prior forecasts. Use professional skills to identify trends and key metrics.
- Critically review the monthly analysis between forecasted and actual results.
- Review and follow-up of reports generated after each closing process.
- Reconciliation and follow-up of key balance sheets accounts such as cash, inventory, loans in process, borrower held funds, and debt. Make independent decisions as to write-offs, re-classes and collections.
- Obtain and finalize explanations to significant variances.
- Use professional judgment to research and follow-up on all balance sheets issues and make decisions on collectability.
- Exercises professional judgment when making decisions with outside related parties.
- Complete required audit schedules and provide auditor support as needed.
- Complete special projects as needed for the Controller, Director of Financial Reporting, or Accounting Manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Three years of accounting/finance work experience
- Mortgage or financial services industry experience preferred
- Advanced analytical skills
- Independent and self-motivated
- Advanced Excel and Word
- Requires strong written and communication skills
- Requires the ability to operate a personal computer, fax machine, copier, climb stairs, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move, and carry materials and supplies weighing 20 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard. This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the associate.
Please see job description
Sales Associates at Lennar are members of an elite team that work to exceed both the expectations of our home buyers as well as their own earning potential by creating an Industry Leading sales experience for all involved. If you love to create experiences in a fast-paced, limitless environment, then join our sales team today!