Middle School Math Teacher [2020-2021] - Brooklyn Independent Bachelor's Degree Job1 month ago - Education / Teaching Job - Brooklyn - 77 views
Brooklyn Independent seeks a middle school Math teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. As a start-up school, our most successful teachers demonstrate flexibility and strong willingness to participate and contribute in efforts beyond the classroom.
Math teachers will create and teach rigorous, engaging lessons and monthly hands-on application Math projects. Teachers are also responsible for daily advisory, Community Meeting, and elective support. Teachers will support grade level team on Friday Field Learning experiences. All teachers report directly to the Co-Heads of School.
- Deep passion for Math and expertise in curriculum design
- Deep passion and commitment to Brooklyn Independent’s mission of diversity and inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree and certification strongly preferred
- Three years teaching experience, preference given to candidates with middle school experience
- Ability to create and implement project-based learning lessons
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Highly thoughtful and reflective, ability to use and apply data driven instruction
- Ability to maintain strong, professional relationships in an environment where listening and feedback are highly valued
- Ability to be flexible, take initiative, and be adaptive to the demands of a start-up school
- Commitment to professional growth and active participation in professional development focused on academic achievement, social emotional development, and social justice
- Commitment to communicate effectively and regularly with students and parents about progress
OUR COMMUNITY STANDS FOR
- Be A Role Model: We set an example for those around us. We know that everything we do has the potential to influence others.
- Love Our Differences: We appreciate that diversity, in all its forms, is powerful and beautiful. We do not “tolerate” diversity, we celebrate it.
- Value Joy: We believe that happiness is the greatest gift we can give to ourselves and others. We follow our passions and share moments of joy.
- Stand for Progress: We seek out opportunities to make the world a better place. We stand up for what’s right.
- Nurture Community: We welcome ALL with open arms and the promise of respect and support.
- Embrace the Journey: We strive for growth, not perfection. We believe in ourselves and we give it our all. We are always learning.
Brooklyn Independent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and staff. Brooklyn Independent strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.
Brooklyn Independent offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package based on degrees held, completion of certification, and years taught.
How to Apply
Submit application at: https://firstname.lastname@example.org