Merchant - Feed Commodities in Buhl, Boise or Salt Lake City, UT Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - Salt Lake City - 89 views
Do you have experience with purchasing feed commodities and sales? Are you self-motivated, driven, and a team player? Do you have great interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills? If so, we'd like to hear from you! There is no relocation assistance available.
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and ingredients. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Merchant- Feed Commodities' role is to provide the company with consistent service to customers and suppliers by effectively managing purchase contracts for an assigned geographical region or specific ingredients and developing sustainable relationships to promote growth, manage risk, and present opportunities for growth in the designated area. There is no relocation assistance available.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Build relationships with customers and suppliers
- There is no relocation assistance available
- Promote company name/reputation in the marketplace
- Collect market information and gain comprehensive knowledge about the ingredients
- Manage risk by operating within established guidelines
- Work effectively within a team environment
- Ability to develop and communicate a strategy for their area of responsibility
- Manage key aspects for the business's execution, including Working Capital metrics as outlined by the company.
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Two or more years work experience in origination, with a bachelor's degree in Agribusiness/Ag Economics or other related disciplines, and/or an appropriate combination of experience and education
- Capable of overnight business travel, including occasional travel by airplane
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with Customers, Suppliers, and Coworkers
- Attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and exceptional organization skills
- Creative thinker who can build a business and generate new ideas
- Must be able to follow corporate direction and policies promoting excellence
- Must be assertive and able to accept rejection
- Knowledge of industry markets
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Work with the Director of Sourcing to develop a customer base within assigned markets.
- Purchase feed ingredients from existing vendors/suppliers and expand to other substitutes and suppliers as opportunities arise and markets shift.
- Create sourcing networks for various feed commodities, including corn, barley, soybean meal, bean culls, and millrun.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, Employee Assistance Program, vacation, sick time, life insurance, + more); Pension Plan, 401k match up to 3%
- Drug-Free Workplace
Wilbur-Ellis Nutrition, LLC is headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, and is a marketer and distributor of value-added feed ingredients in North America and Asia-Pacific. Wilbur Ellis provides feed solutions to our customers and suppliers in the Livestock, Pet Food, and Aquaculture Industries. Providing a complete supply chain, including logistics, warehousing, and customer service, in addition to expertise in import/export and regulatory, sets Wilbur-Ellis apart from our competitors. We understand the importance of providing on-time delivery of specified products and honoring our commitments to suppliers and customers.
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed, and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit, and a dedication to quality work, our customers, and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry's best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits, and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.