Medical Officer-Primrose Specialist Hospital BSc - MSc Job2024-01-17 07:28 Medical / Healthcare Lagos 184 views
Location: Gbagada Mainland, Lagos
- We are looking for a Medical Officer to join our team to provide excellent health care to patients.
- Ensuring that patient care is optimal and in adherence to the clinical guidelines.
- Performing inpatient and outpatient reviews with initial assessment and management.
- Providing necessary documentation on health reports and discharge summaries of patients.
- Liaising with consultants regarding the provision of Inpatient and Outpatient assessment and care, including diagnoses and medication plans.
- Providing medical cover (routine and emergency), during hours of duty and working in conjunction with the other Medical Officers to ensure the provision of a 24-hour service to the hospital.
- Relating with patients’ relatives/caregivers on the present state of health and further management.
- Making entries into the patients’ notes as appropriate, following ward rounds or any other patient examinations, communication or procedures.
- Undertaking within your level of experience and competence, certain medical procedures required by your senior colleagues.
- Administering intravenous medications/therapy as required.
- Providing urgent medical attention and urgent treatment to staff in case of accident or sudden illness, in liaison with other clinical staff on duty.
- Certification of deaths, completion of death certificates, and all relevant documentation including, if appropriate, cremation forms and any documents required by the coroner.
- Undertaking emergency procedures as required (including resuscitation), taking the lead as necessary.
- Complying with all hospital policies and procedures, in particular, those relating to Health and Safety at Work.
- Undertaking patient consultations and physical examinations
- Providing general pre-and post-operative care
- Monitoring and administering medication
- Assessing and planning treatment requirements
- Liaising daily with staff including other doctors, non-medical management staff and healthcare professionals
- Writing reports and maintaining records
- Any other duty as may be assigned to you.
Qualifications & Requirements
- MBBS or equivalent
- Female Medical officer for gender balance
- Certification - Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria; Certificate of Practicing License.
- One to two years post-NYSC experience.
- Proficiency with the use of the computer.
- Candidates must possess NYSC discharge Certificate or Exemption letter.
- Proficient with Healthcare Management Systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent problem-solving and clinical decision-making skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: No accommodation.