Media Specialist Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 months ago - Medical / Healthcare Jobs - New York City - 116 views
We are seeking a mid-level media relations professional who specializes in healthcare industry media, with experience in drug lifecycle milestones including data and regulatory action announcements, to join Syneos Health. This role is intended to span across the public relations agencies of the Syneos Health network including Chamberlain, BioSector 2 and CCA. The Syneos Health PR client roster includes large, small and mid-size companies in the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, health insurance and consumer health space.
This is an opportunity for the right candidate to establish themselves as a go-to media relations specialist within the Syneos Health Public Relations group. The successful candidate will be:
- Fluent in proactive media outreach with a proven track record of securing media interest in top health and business publications as well as second tier and local publications
- Evidence of established top-tier and/or influential trade media relationships and of placing healthcare industry news in print and online media as well as broadcast outlets; experience and relationships in key markets including New York, Boston, San Francisco and DC are a plus
- Expertise in developing media relations strategy, creating and refining media lists and executing programs
- Experience dealing 1:1 with clients and readiness to communicate what is likely to resonate or not with media.
- Proficiency in writing press materials (press release, pitch letters, key messages, Q&As, backgrounders) for data and regulatory milestones, corporate news and disease awareness initatives
- Knowledge and experience using media relations technologies including reporter contact databases, coverage trackers and monitoring tools
- Understanding of the convergence of paid and earned media; Entrenched in how platforms within an owned entity work together (CBS, webMD, Refinery 29, etc) related to earned and paid opportunities
- An interest in developing media recommendations for new business proposals and participating in new business presentations/pitch meetings
- 5-7 years of experience in media relations – experience working with small, mid-size or large healthcare companies is a must
- Agency or in-house background
- The ideal candidate will be a high energy, collaborative individual who can work directly with senior media strategists, client executives and agency teams to achieve media relations goals
- Assist in creation of media strategy and plans
- Service client needs as appropriate including addressing client questions thoughtfully and effectively
- Participate as media specialist in new business pitches with Syneos Health PR agencies
- Flexible and able to successfully navigate ambiguity and succeed in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, environment with multiple priorities
- Intellectual curiosity and interest in developing or brainstorming unique story ideas that incorporate emerging trends and differentiate clients within the industry/competitive landscape
- Excellent verbal communications and presentation skills; ability to develop meaningful relationships with journalists
- Ability to multi-task Team player with the ability to successfully influence
- Possesses easily observable executive presence, maturity and sound judgment
- Being bilingual with existing relationships with Hispanic media would be welcome but not required
This position excludes Colorado applicants.
At Syneos Health Public Relations, the possibilities are infinite. Because of our “no walls, no limits” philosophy and entrepreneurial spirit, our employees have the opportunity and potential to work on projects beyond their years of experience. The only limitations here are those that are self-imposed, and we make sure to reward staff based on talent, not title.
Syneos Health Communications is the only healthcare communications network that is part of a company on the frontlines of healthcare, with a clear view into the everyday complexities of life and health. As part of Syneos Health™, our agencies — consisting of leading brands and experts in advertising, branding, public relations, managed markets and medical communications — are engaged in every point of influence in health, providing real-world insight into markets and audiences in ways that no other partner could.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)
|apply nowapply now|