Mechanical Engineer II Bachelor's Degree Job1 month ago - Other categories - Bothell - 159 views
As a Mechanical Engineer II you will have the responsibility of becoming a key player in technical projects consisting of the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation of components involving both mechanical and electro-mechanical devices culminating in high performance, innovative transducers. Conduct technical investigations utilizing a wide variety of mechanical engineering principles in the origination or modification of material, component and/or process specifications and requirements. Set-up and coordinate DOE's by actively engaging with the Engineering teams and Operations teams to learn fundamental principles &amp; problems associated with current manufacturing methods, hands on participation both expected and encouraged. Become adept at configuration control of the projects, both in NPI & Sustaining, using Agile. Prepare design specifications, analyses and recommendations for presentation and approval.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and/or improve NPI processes through active participation in ongoing development in both new and Sustaining areas, identifying opportunities for improvements.
- Designs, develops, and tests all aspects of mechanical components, equipment and machinery.
- Applies engineering principles to design products.
- Conduct engineering confidence testing & generate technical reports.
- Creates models and documentation to facilitate sourcing and manufacture of designs (drawings, specs, manufacturing process assistance).
- May be involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation and repair of mechanical products.
- Ability to prioritize work and break down assignments into tasks that can be organized and executed to meet assignment performance and time goals.
- Become a key resource in configuration management and control of NPI and Sustaining projects using Agile and develop strategies for optimum implementation.
- Tracking daily progress of samples/experiments and providing accurate updates and creating/maintaining a central spreadsheet.
- Producing reports and assessments of tooling and/or fixture related improvements to yields and results in production and/or prototype environments.
- Interact with members of the Ultrasound Systems engineering or other associated groups as necessary for transducer related issues.
Knowledge and Experience:
- B.S. Mechanical engineering and a combination of experience or technical degree.
- 3-5 years of product development experience, with designing electro-mechanical devices or a similar type FDA regulated medical device strongly preferred.
- Prior product configuration control a plus using Agile, SAP, etc.... a plus.
- Working knowledge of mechanical tolerance analysis and Designed Experiment Techniques.
- Familiar with SolidWorks at an intermediate level or greater.
- Experience in thermal management of compact, highly integrated devices a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both within other groups in Engineering and throughout the company.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds, with or without accommodations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.