Math Teacher At Shelby County Schools Bachelor's Degree Job11 months ago - Education / Teaching Job - Memphis - 344 views
Join Our District on the Rise!
Shelby County Schools is accepting application for Math (High School) teachers for the 2020-21 school year vacancies. These positions will continue to post over the next month. Complete your online application now in order to be considered for the positions that best meet your interests and qualifications! SCS is also accepting applications from those candidates eligible for an alternative teaching license. Please see the minimum qualifications below.
SCS is dedicated to preparing all students for success in learning, leadership and life. We operate under the notion that we will only be successful if we challenge ourselves with new ideas and attack obstacles with a bold sense of courage and determination. We strive for a mission-driven working environment that empowers all staff to take ownership of their own work and their professional development.
• Our promise is that by 2025, 80% of our students will be college & career ready, 90% will graduate high school, and 100% of graduates will enroll in post-secondary education.
• Our work is deeply rooted in the belief that every child is capable of learning and that education is the great equalizer. With 84% of all students considered economically disadvantaged, Shelby County Schools truly is a place where progressive leaders in education can make a difference in the lives of our country’s most underserved children.
Shelby County Schools—one of the 25 largest school districts in the nation—is located in Memphis, TN, a city in the midst of a grassroots renaissance. Perched high on the bluffs of the Mississippi River, Memphis has long been a hotbed of cultural richness—blues, barbeque, and the legendary Beale Street run deep here—but a fresh wave of innovative thinkers is breathing new life into our city, resulting in an eclectic blend of historicity and innovation that you’ll find nowhere else on Earth. This renaissance spirit is evident in the food, music, architecture, and arts of Memphis, but is especially so in our schools, where you’ll find educators and District staff who are earning national recognition for challenging the traditional educational landscape.
Compensation & Benefits
Teacher salaries start at $43,000. A comprehensive benefits package is also offered that includes health, dental, vision, and flexible spending account options.
Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree and be eligible to work in the United States.
Additionally, candidates Meet ONE of the following requirements:
• Hold full teaching certification and an active Mathematics endorsement in Tennessee or another U.S. state OR
• Hold an undergraduate GPA of 2.75+ with a specific major in Mathematics (not accounting, etc) OR
• Hold an undergraduate GPA of 2.75+ with any major AND score 160+ on the Praxis II Mathematics: Content Knowledge exam
If you qualify for option 2 or 3, you must be willing to enroll in education coursework if offered a position. This is required in order to receive a Practitioner teaching license in Tennessee. The coursework also offers support and strategies you can apply to your teaching.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
We expect our teachers to:
• Be fierce advocates for our students, fueled by the belief that failure is not an option
• Fully dedicate themselves as active participants in driving our students’ growth
• Welcome opportunities to build collaborative networks among their peers
• Be masters of their craft and experts in their field
• Consistently seek out opportunities to grow both in the art of pedagogy and in their content area
• Lead both in the classroom and out, building a strong alliance of mutual trust and accountability with their students, parents, and communities
How to Apply
Visit www.choosescs.org to submit an instructional application.
An offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check. At Shelby County Schools, we know that diversity makes us stronger and challenges us to think differently every day. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply to this position. Shelby County Schools offers educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, creed, age, disability, national origin, or genetic information.
160 S Hollywood St, Memphis, TN 38112