Marketing Data Analyst Relevant Educational Qualifications Job4 months ago - Other categories - Denver - 83 views
The Marketing Data Analyst will support the marketing team by providing data driven insights regarding customers, markets, competitors, and campaign effectiveness. This position will provide analysis on a formal and ad hoc basis and will develop reporting that is as standardized and automated as possible with the objective of measuring performance and supporting business decisions. The Marketing Data Analyst will be an expert in management and querying of large data sets to drive business decisions. Modeling, joining data, querying large data sets, automation of data processes, and development of reporting/dashboards are core functions of this role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Employ CRM databases to analyze email and direct marketing campaign performance. Analyze marketing metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing actions and financial outcomes to increase profitability.
- Query data tables and create new data tables using SQL to provide analysis of market segments and product types to help optimize marketing performance and support strategic decisions. Proactively suggest analysis and research based on business objectives.
- Connect data across multiple touchpoints of the customer journey to drive insights for marketing campaigns that ultimately results in incremental revenue. Ability to connect CRM, social, web, and transaction data in a compelling and consistent manner to evaluate marketing campaign performance.
- Development of consistent approaches and tools for customer segmentation reporting and support in building, maintenance and analysis of customer segmentation.
- Design and implement ad-hoc research and data analysis that answer specific business questions.
- Create compelling data visualizations, using tools such as Tableau, to report and present analysis on marketing efforts and segmentation results. Communicate findings with diverse stakeholder groups. Automate reporting processes.
- Maintain a knowledge center for the company with access to data, reports, and insights.
- Analyze and organize available data across multiple resorts and business units. Inspect, clean, and transform data while maintaining perspective on the relevant business questions.
- Support and help guide best practices for development of predictive analytics.
- Identify strategic recommendations based upon data and research.
- Complete competitive analysis on the industry.
COMPETENCIES & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Marketing: Knowledge of marketing, sales, and business processes. Experience extracting marketing data, combining and joining to provide insights. Experience combining data across marketing channels: CRM, web, social, research, media, app, etc. for the purposes of evaluating marketing effectiveness.
- CRM Database: Experience using data tables from CRM databases to identify key insights, create reports, and analyze customer behavior. Ability to extract data using SQL and create new, consistent data tables using SQL.
- Organization: Demonstrate ability to proactively prioritize needs, put first things first, and effectively manages resources and time. Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to project manage and prioritize.
- Analytics: Proven experience providing analysis and insights that had meaningful influence on strategies. Demonstrated success working with large and complex data sets. Experience building queries manipulating data with SQL, Tableau, Python, R and similar platforms is essential.
- Data Visualization: Ability to create reporting and data visualizations in Tableau.
- Communication: Able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally across all levels of the organization. Able to effectively present information to management, employees, and customers.
- Reasoning Ability: Able to make independent judgments which have considerable impacts on the organization. Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Strong sense of curiosity needed.
- Advanced user with Microsoft Office suite (specifically Excel and PowerPoint).
- A team player who excels in a fast-paced environment and can operate with limited or general supervision. Able to navigate ambiguity and create new processes as warranted.
- Experience with customer segmentation.
- Experience working with survey design and analysis for a business or research firm.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in related field required (marketing, business, business analytics, finance, economics, mathematics).
- MBA or masters degree in related field preferred.
- 3-5+ years of experience in marketing analytics and market research.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
The base salary range below represents the low and high end of the Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc.s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term and long-term incentives and many region-specific benefits.
Denver area base salary range: $57,000 - $84,000 per year
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, hear, and operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and varying outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually moderate.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that an employee may be required to perform in this position. Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to modify, increase, decrease, suspend, and or eliminate any of the essential duties and/or the position in its entirety.
This job description is not an express or implied contract, guarantee, promise, or covenant of employment for any set term or duration, or for termination only for cause.
Employment with Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. or any of its affiliates is at will meaning either party may terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause and with or without notice.
This position is located in Colorado, and the work is primarily in Denver, CO and, as such, employment in this position is subject to the labor and employment laws of the state of Colorado.
Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces. All employees and candidates are reminded that Alterra Mtn Co Shared Services Inc. and its affiliates adhere to all applicable labor and employment laws, and State, County, and City-specific labor and employment regulations, where applicable.