Marketing communications Manager Bachelor's Degree Job1 month ago - NGO/Non-Profit Jobs - California City - 94 views
Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for coaching and building a strong team and managing both internal and external creative services from conception through production including quality control, accuracy, timeliness, and adherence to brand. The Marketing Communications Manager will showcase a demonstrated expertise and the ability to tell our story in multiple ways and to multiple audiences in order to support St. Anthony’s broader marketing initiatives. This leader will drive collaboration across the organization, work on the development and implementation of marketing activities, enabling programs, services, events and/or products to meet organizational objectives, inspire creativity, build transparency, and manage select outside vendors, to ensure effective operation. The manager is responsible for all social media, online and offline, utilizing all digital communications channels, social media, website and email. This role is also responsible for smooth collaboration between internal departments, providing support, direction and guidance in brand messaging and tools to communicate specific departmental needs.
- Recommend, manage, and execute integrated marketing plans and strategies to meet objectives.
- Oversee St. Anthony’s corporate brand, with responsibility for the internal and external brand experience; visual identity; policies, procedures, guidelines and training. Engage with a wide variety of stakeholders to ensure the brand is implemented and adhered to globally.
- Develop and manage the communication (storytelling experience) and brand strategy for individual program(s) incorporating appropriate channels (i.e., web presence, digital and print). Work with program staff to discover marketing opportunities by defining and executing relevant marketing and communication initiatives.
- Maintain a program of proactive press relations activity to ensure ongoing visibility of St. Anthony's in the media.
- Manage all external marketing collateral across print, digital, social media and video, including website, newsletters, direct mail and email, brochures, videos, reports, outdoor, events and advertising. Track, analyze, and create insights for channel results; implement continual improvements based on findings
- Acts as the final touch responsibility for collateral quality control and adherence to St. Anthony's visual brand guidelines, messaging and 'voice'.
- Maintain marketing communications calendar: negotiating needs with internal clients, planning constituent outreach in a coordinated way, flagging conflicts for resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring clear and consistent communication of St. Anthony's Franciscan heritage and values across all channels.
- Managing relationships with external vendors (printers, mailers, designers, etc.) including assigning work based on ability and cost, negotiating price, and providing clear briefs.
- Work in partnership with Development colleagues to ensure content development (stories, testimonials, photography, video etc.) is sufficient for collateral fundraising activities.
- Manage St. Anthony's online store and have responsibility for internal and external ordering of branding merchandise.
- Guide event planning and execution as needed to support marketing objectives.
- Responsibility for a team of three including the recruitment, management, development, and retention by promoting a culture of high performance, efficiency, and continuous improvement that values collaboration, learning and innovation;
- Oversee budgeting and forecasting for the department; conduct quarterly budget reviews, achieve targets.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Development & Outreach.
- Complies with St. Anthony Foundation’s Statement of Values and adheres to guidelines of SAF Safety Program.
- BA degree in related field; advance degree welcome.
- Seven years progressively responsible experience managing communications and execution of complex marketing collateral projects.
- Proven experience and leadership in managing brand, comprehensive strategic marketing and communications and content marketing programs to advance an organization’s mission and goals
- Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a keen ability to tailor messages to multiple audiences. Outstanding storytelling skills are imperative.
- Ability to effectively communicate St. Anthony's Franciscan values in a way that resonates with audiences of all denominations.
- Experience with media outlets and pitching stories to TV and print media. Established relationships with local media is a plus.
- Proven track record of fostering strong relationships with internal stakeholders and customers, with the personality to work collaboratively with co-workers, volunteers and donors to build buy-in
- Strong design eye both in print and web, and ability to provide clear and constructive design feedback.
- Ability to produce high quality work with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of Google Analytics, as well as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Creative problem solver with strong critical thinking skills.
- Experience leading, inspiring and building teams. Must have a strong collaborative team-oriented approach to management
- Experience managing and developing budgets.
- Experience effectively working with vendors such as web designers, printers, mailing houses, and designers.
- An understanding of and interest in the social and political causes of poverty.
- Ability to handle stress and work extra hours including weekends, evenings as necessary. Must be available to work over the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
- Commitment to the St. Anthony Foundation Statement of Values and desire to work for a social service agency serving homeless, low-income and vulnerable populations.
St. Anthony’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
How to Apply
Please apply on our website.
St. Anthony Foundation
Founded in 1950, St. Anthony’s provides food, clothing, shelter, medical care, technology access, addiction recovery services, job training, and other critical resources to people experiencing homelessness and extreme poverty. Every day, with dignity and respect, we support and are supported by thousands of San Franciscans. Join us in creating a future where all people flourish.