Marketing & Business Analytics Lecturer Pool Relevant Educational Qualifications Job3 months ago - Other categories - San Jose - 117 views
Marketing & Business Analytics Lecturer Pool
Job no: 497456
Work type: Instructional Faculty - Temporary/Lecturer
Location: San Jose
Categories: Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Faculty - Business/Management, Temporary, Part Time
The Marketing and Business Analytics Department is home to the Marketing and Business Analytics concentrations. A concentration in Marketing prepares students to pursue a career in a number of different areas such as sales and promotion, marketing management and social media marketing, in just about any sector. For students interested in quantitative approaches to business decision-making, the Department offers a concentration in Business Analytics. The Department also houses the Bay Area Retailer Leadership Center, through which students can interface with leaders in retail and allied industries. (please use the apply button below)
The Lucas College and Graduate School of Business of San Jose State University welcomes applications for part-time faculty appointments to teach courses in its undergraduate programs, should an opening arise, on its main campus in San Jose, California, or online.
Brief Description of Duties
- We are seeking lecturers who are interested in teaching at the undergraduate level. Must be excellent in teaching and engaging with students. In addition to teaching during the designated class time, must be responsible for weekly office hours, creating and evaluating student exams and assignments. Participating in faculty meetings and giving input on curriculum decisions is also desired. Positions start at the beginning of a semester and appointments may be renewed based on department need, funding, and performance.
- Candidate must demonstrate awareness and experience understanding the needs of a student population of great diversity - in age, cultural background, ethnicity, primary language and academic preparation - through inclusive course materials, teaching strategies and advisement.
- All Faculty should be organizing their classes within the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS), the official LMS provided for the SJSU community. All classes at SJSU, whether online or not, must be anchored in the Canvas platform to ensure faculty-student connection in a common space as all students are directed to log in to Canvas for online access to their classes. You will have access to this system prior to the semester start date.
- Master's degree, at least three years of professional experience, and college teaching experience; applicants wishing to teach on-line will need to complete an on-line orientation module.
- Areas of teaching include: Marketing and Business Analytics.
- Applicants should demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experience.
Please be advised that an appointment is contingent upon budget and enrollment considerations and subject to order of assignment provisions in the collective bargaining agreement between California State University and California Faculty Association. These provisions state the "Order of Work," or the order in which available courses must be assigned to faculty, starting with tenure line faculty and ending with new lecturer appointees.
Salary Range - To commensurate with experience.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Expertise, including professional experience, courses you are qualified to teach
- List of References
To receive full consideration, applications should be complete for this continuing open position.
San Jose State University enrolls over 35,700 students, a significant percentage of whom are members of minority groups. As such, this position is for scholars interested in a career at a national leader in graduating URM students. SJSU is a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander (AANAPISI) Serving Institution; 40% of our students are first-generation, and 38% are Pell-qualified. The university is currently ranked fifth nationally in increasing student upward mobility. The University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty so our disciplines, students, and the community can benefit from multiple ethnic and gender perspectives.
San Jose State University is California's oldest institution of public higher learning. Located in downtown San Jose (Pop. 1,000,000) in the heart of Silicon Valley, SJSU is part of one of the most innovative regions in the world. As Silicon Valley's public university, SJSU combines dynamic teaching, research, and university-industry experiences to prepare students to address the biggest problems facing society. SJSU is a member of the 23-campus California State University (CSU) system.
Equal Employment Statement
San Jose State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. This policy applies to all San Jose State University students, faculty, and staff as well as University programs and activities. Reasonable accommodations are made for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose. Note that all San Jose State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The SJSU Career Center connects tens of thousands of employers to current students and alumni. Get connected to Spartan talent by registering as an employer.