Marketing and Communications Associate At FPWA Bachelor's Degree Job11 months ago - Marketing / Communication / customer care Jobs - New York City - 255 views
The Federation of Protestant Welfare Agencies (FPWA) has been tackling the big social problems in New York City and advocating for systemic solutions for decades so that all New Yorkers have the opportunity to thrive. We have an immediate opening for a passionate storyteller who will help us continue to fight for change.
Reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing, the Marketing and Communications Associate is a key player on the team that communicates with the outside world, explaining why our mission is important while building our brand. You’ll create compelling communications that explain the change we advocate for and the policies we support. You'll be our brand steward, email guru, and social media maven. You’ll be responsible for juggling multiple, detailed projects, all at the same time, while responding in real-time to breaking news and current affairs.
Our ideal candidate reads news publications daily and is a good listener, an excellent writer and deeply connected to what is happening in communities around NYC.
- Own our social media, staying on top of breaking news, local politics and community affairs, and national and regional policy and trends. Daily tracking and timely content creation for social media.
- Write, design and update general and program brochures, media kits, key messages, fact sheets, and other collateral material.
- Coordinate photography for/of events, activities, etc. for use in publications, media, etc.; maintain photo and video library.
- Handle all updates & improvements on the FPWA website.
The Communications & Marketing team is growing, and this position provides a unique opportunity to become involved in strategic communication planning, executing an aggressive plan to increase media outreach and coverage, and collaborating with our policy and program colleagues (internally and externally) to better understand trends as stories are gathered for use in FPWA communications.
- BA degree in marketing, public or media relations, communications, or related field. Three years of experience in one or more of these fields.
- Commitment to achieving systemic change that will break through the barriers to success for all New Yorkers.
- Comfortable in a high paced, collaborative environment. Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Proven experience in getting results in advocacy or cause-related social media.
- Excellent verbal, written, & presentation skills. Experience drafting press releases and media advisories.
- Digital Savvy – knowledge of CMS like WordPress, Google Analytics, Microsoft Suite
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Excellent Benefits Package including medical, dental, vision, life, 403(b) with match and more
- Ample Vacation Time: Four weeks of paid vacation accumulated during the year plus 12 company holidays
- Work-Life Balance: Twelve telecommuting days provided a year, one per month, to support work-life balance
- Professional Development: Resources committed to bolster professional and personal growth
- Modern & Flexible Work Environment: Our staff work out of a beautifully designed open workspace with flexible and tech-equipped meeting spaces to support different workstyles, promote team building and collaboration
How to Apply
FPWA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
FPWA is committed to employing people who reflect the diversity of our member agencies and the communities and people they serve. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged.
TO APPLY [DEADLINE FEB 21st]:
Submit your resume, cover letter making a compelling case for why you should be considered for this role and include your salary requirements, and two (2) writing samples. Applicants without cover letters will not be considered.
No phone calls or other inquiries please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about FPWA, visit us at www.fpwa.org.
40 Broad Street, 5th Floor, New York, NY 10004