Marketing and Communications Assistant High School Diploma Job8 months ago - Marketing / Communication / customer care Jobs - Washington, D.C. - 222 views
The DowntownDC Business Improvement District (BID) is seeking a highly-motivated and creative self-starter to provide editorial, creative, logistical and administrative support for the Marketing & Communications Department and its functions.
The Marketing & Communications Assistant’s job duties will include but not be limited to the following;
· Writing and publishing digital news and social media content
· Updating website features, events, and basic website content changes
· Drafting press materials, such as press releases, media advisories and op-eds
· Maintaining digital clips files and media report databases
· Assisting with email marketing and newsletters, updating contact databases and list segments
· Assisting with filming, photography, and the organization of digital media files
· Supporting branding efforts, assisting with basic design, and ordering marketing materials
· Provide support on all outdoor events
· Performing public permitting assistance
· Administrative tasks as needed
· Availibility to work ocassional evenings and weekends
· Performs other duties as assigned
The Marketing & Communications Assistant’s role supports the organization’s marketing and communication efforts. He or she works directly with other members of the marketing and communications team to ensure all projects adhere to departmental standards and support brand integrity, message consistency and communication efficiency.
· 1-3 years’ experience in marketing, communications, or related field
· BA/BS degree from an accredited university preferable
· Exceptional writing skills and highly detail oriented
· Proficiency in MS Word Suite
· Experience in drafting social media content and promotion/ads utilizing Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn, as well as social media analytics and scheduling software
· Must possess good interpersonal, organizational, and execution skills to complete a diverse array of projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
· Proven record of accomplishment of anticipating conflicts and challenges and resolving them
· Experience working effectively in a team
· Positive and professional attitude
· Demonstrates initiative
· Ability to occasionally support after-hours and weekend events and projects
· Experience with WordPress and Salesforce a plus
· Design experience or photo or video editing experience using Adobe Creative Cloud (Suite) a plus
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Parker Roach, HR Manager at email@example.com
The Downtown Business Improvement District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
1275 K Street Northwest, Suite 1000, Washington, DC 20005