Managing Editor Digital Communications Relevant Educational Qualifications Job5 months ago - Medical / Healthcare Jobs - New York City - 144 views
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Managing Editor Digital Communications.
In this role, the successful candidate will assist the Senior Director of Digital Communications in developing, maintaining, and enhancing patient communications across NYU Langone Health, including emails, text messages, and website content. Under the leadership of the Senior Director of Digital Communications, triage and prioritize requests for new and updated content aimed at current and prospective patients and caregivers. Collaborate and strategize with digital editorial, marketing, MCIT, and practice staff throughout NYU Langone to create, refresh, and evolve patient communications content. Assist in managing large-scale special projects as assigned. Work closely with the marketing, web production, and creative staff.
- Oversee and provide expert guidance for content creation for patient messaging and NYU Langone external websites, including news content.
- Provide guidance on best practices for content creation, structure, and platform used.
- Review content update requests from across NYU Langone.
- Advise on best practices including most appropriate format, placement, and delivery timing, and draft and edit content.
- Serve as writer and editor for communications intended for current and prospective patients, as well as for the patient-focused website and its many audiences, including physicians, researchers, students, patients, donors, staff, etc.
- Ensure messaging is relevant, timely, and useful for patients and caregivers.
- Evaluate existing content for quality and accuracy, and work with key stakeholders to update and generate new content.
- Recommend new content to be created, as well as appropriate placement of content.
- Review and approve content as assigned to ensure that deliverables meet established objectives for timeliness, quality, reliability, availability, and adhere to NYU Langone policies and standards.
- Oversee special editorial projects.
- Assign patient communications messaging or sections of web content to writers/editors as appropriate.
- Oversee work, ensuring that writers/editors meet deadlines, follow appropriate editorial style guidelines, and maintain proper best practices for content.
Digital writing/editing experience required, including email and text message writing/editing. Bachelor's Degree in Communications or Sciences required, Master's Degree in Communications or Science Writing preferred. At least 5 years experience at a hospital, academic medical center, healthcare organization, digital agency, or in health/science media required.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit (please use the apply button below) for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.
Located in the heart of Manhattan, with additional facilities throughout the New York City area, NYU Langone consists of six inpatient locations:
Tisch Hospital, its acute-care facility
Kimmel Pavilion, its newly opened, state-of-the-art healthcare facility
Rusk Rehabilitation, ranked as one of the top 10 rehabilitation programs in the country by U.S. News & World Report since 1989.
NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital, formerly known as Hospital for Joint Diseases, a dedicated inpatient orthopedic hospital