Manager of Community Health - Academy of Medical and Public Health Services Relevant Educational Qualifications Job1 week ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - New York City - 41 views
We are looking for a dynamic and strategic Manager of Community Health to join our growing team and lead our health service programs. Working closely with the Executive Vice President, the Manager of Community Health designs and manages program/initiatives development supporting our mission to improve healthcare access. Our ideal candidate is someone who is both passionate about AMPHS’ mission and experienced working in diverse community health settings. We are looking for someone who is creative, willing to bring new ideas, and ready to learn in a fast-paced environment. This person should be detail-oriented and possess a high level of organizational skill, while also focusing on building relationships. We are looking for someone to join our amazing team and contribute to an office culture that reflects the work we do.
Executive Vice President & Chief of Staff
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the development and implementation of AMPHS’ health program initiatives, including clinical, social, educational and emergency response services, in alignment with strategic goals that address social determinants of health.
- Stay abreast current events and health & immigration policy landscape to inform program priorities
- Oversee and provide regular training and professional development for program staff and volunteers, including Community Health Workers, Therapists, Social Workers, and Clinical Volunteers.
- Manage the development, implementation, and evaluation of the program’s overall quality improvement; develop strategies to enhance program efficiency.
- Develop health program outreach materials (brochures, educational posters, articles, presentations).
- Document project impact, develop stories, share program information, and contribute to funding reports.
- Work with senior leadership to monitor program budgets and project expenses.
- Represent AMPHS in advisory capacities with state, city, and other community leaders; lead policy advocacy efforts enhancing immigrant health outcomes.
- Create and cultivate relationships with stakeholders to assure program continuity and community input.
- Other special projects as assigned.
- Experience: Minimum of two (2) years of related experience directing healthcare or related services. Two (2) years’ experience supervising employees.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- Competent technology skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and digital research.
- Language: Bi-lingual language skills in Spanish and/or Mandarin preferred.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and immigration/health policy issues affecting populations served.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Annual Salary Range: $60,000-$63,000, commensurate with experience
- AMPHS’ compensation package includes health insurance stipends, professional development opportunities, and generous time-off policies. There are opportunities to learn from industry experts to help you advance in the field of public health, health and education policy, immigration and nonprofit administration.
- Time Commitment: This is a full-time position that requires Saturday availability and occasional weekday evenings for community meetings. AMPHS’ office is open Tuesday to Saturday, 10AM-6PM.
- Location: For COVID-19 safety measures, AMPHS has engaged in a phased re-opening process. As of January 2021, AMPHS’ facilities are only open to AMPHS staff and volunteers on an as-needed basis until the organization and its staff deem it safe to fully re-open facilities for community member appointments. Staff members can opt to work remotely at any time.
How to Apply
Sounds like you? Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. A writing sample, transcript and references may also be requested. We will accept applications on a first-come, first-served rolling basis until Saturday, January 30, 2021.
Academy of Medical and Public Health Services