Manager of Auditions and Admissions - School of American Ballet Bachelor's Degree Job8 months ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - New York City - 325 views
The department of Public Relations, Recruiting and Outreach is responsible for conceiving and executing all aspects of SAB’s recruiting, admissions and enrollment functions for its 10-month Winter Term, 5-week New York based Summer Course, 1-week New York Junior Session, 2-week California Workshop for Young Dancers, and the non-audition based Little Dancers program for 4 and 5 year olds. Reporting to the Director of PR, Recruiting and Outreach, the Auditions and Admissions Manager takes the lead in planning and carrying out auditions held locally and in locations around the U.S. to identify prospective candidates for SAB’s Children’s, Intermediate and Advanced Divisions; fulfills a variety of admissions functions for processing accepted students; and manages enrollment for the Little Dancers program. This is a highly collaborative position involving teamwork within the department as well as with the School’s faculty, and extensive communications with the public and other dance organizations. This manager plays a pivotal role in achieving the School’s goals for cultivating a racially and socio-economically diverse applicant pool and student body.
Key responsibilities include:
· Strategic planning for all audition initiatives in collaboration with the department director.
· Oversee execution of SAB’s 18-city National Audition Tour. Book venues, manage administrative and artistic staffing plans, make travel arrangements and coordinate itineraries, payments and reimbursements. Oversee student audition registrations and payments and communicate with applicants. Assign auditions staff and manage audition site execution. Involves extensive collaboration with SAB’s marketing, database, registrar, accounting and artistic staff. Requires travel during all weekends in January. Direct responsibility for a large, complex project budget.
· Plan and oversee SAB’s annual Spring Community Auditions held in Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Chinatown and Harlem. Manage relationships with audition host sites; assign administrative and artistic staffing for auditions; coordinate all logistics of auditions; work closely with marketing, registrar, Diversity & Inclusion manager and faculty on audition strategy, promotion and communication with applicants. Manage project budget. Requires availability to work at audition sites over several weekends in April.
· Plan and oversee logistics for SAB’s on-site auditions held each spring (6-10 year olds) and fall (11-18 year olds).
· Manage admissions for SAB’s Little Dancers program, working closely with marketing team to meet enrollment targets for this non-audition introductory ballet program for 4 and 5 year olds. Collaborate with artistic assistant on orientation/communications with new program participants and track income.
· In collaboration with SAB’s Registrar, serve as primary admissions liaison for students/parents enrolling in SAB’s summer Young Dancer Series programs. Manage enrollment communications, track student forms and collaborate with Artistic Manager as needed on program needs.
· In collaboration with SAB’s Registrar, provide admissions support for incoming new students and returning students. Responsibilities may include recruiting calls with parents of accepted students, management of children’s division class section sign-up process, and tracking of student forms.
· Serve as SAB’s liaison with prospective students and parents, responding to email and phone queries concerning auditions and enrollment.
· Track audition statistics and analyze trends.
· Manage SAB studio rentals for auditions held by outside companies and schools. Requires extensive communication with these outside organizations and oversight of contracts and payments, hiring onsite support staff and pianists, and managing facility set up needs.
· Collaborate with other members of department on outreach projects and initiatives as needed.
· Work with marketing director on processing and reconciliation of ticket sales and seating for SAB’s annual public June spring Workshop Performances. Assist box office operation for Saturday performances.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and abilities:
· 4+ years work experience in marketing, administrative or communications capacity.
· Strong commitment to the mission and goals of SAB, interest in ballet and the arts
· Outstanding organizational skills, meticulous record-keeping and attention to detail.
· Strong math skills and the ability to accurately manage budgets and expenses.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Experience using database systems, mass email applications, and form data collection applications a plus.
· Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills. Well-spoken and outgoing.
· Able to represent the institution well to various constituencies, with the ability to work and succeed independently and as part of a team.
· Available for travel and weekend work during all audition periods, including all weekends in January and April.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and writing samples to SABPRsearch@sab.org by March 15. No phone calls please.
The School of American Ballet is an equal opportunity employer. Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.