Manager, Food Safety Program - Corporate- US - Sysco Raleigh Relevant Educational Qualifications Job2 weeks ago - Administrative / Management Jobs - Selma - 66 views
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. Were looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
THE CANDIDATE SELECTED WILL BE SUPPORTING SYSCO RALEIGH
The Food Safety Program Manager (FSPM) is responsible for providing proactive leadership and instruction in the area of Food Safety within the Operating Company. This position drives corporate food safety strategy at the local level to mitigate food safety risk through the implementation of the field level risk-based food safety preventive controls program for the Distribution segment within an assigned Sysco Operating Company (OPCO)
The Food Safety Program Manager oversees the implementation of the requirements, policies, procedures, programs and training components of the food safety system. This position also serves as the lead for product recall execution and communications, regulatory inspections, Global Food Safety Initiative, and Customer 2nd or 3rd party audits, food defense and interaction with customers on issues related to food safety.
The Food Safety Program Manager facilitates the document control program and reporting for system usage. This position is also responsible for support tracking and communicating the Food Safety Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and working with Operating Company stakeholders to seek continuous improvement in KPIs. This role frequently partners with stakeholders from Operations, Safety, Merchandising, Finance (Compliance), Sales, and HR (Human Resources) to provide food safety leadership and subject matter expertise.
The Food Safety Program Manager reports directly to a corporate Regional Director, Food Safety and has dotted line reporting to the OpCo President.
- Execute all corporate food safety related strategies, policies, and procedures; maintain open communication with all related departments to address the identification of food safety hazards and process improvement opportunities
- Manage the Food Safety Preventive Controls Program, inclusive of HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) plan, pre-requisite programs, Food Safety Policies and specific SOPs (standard operating procedure)
- Completes verification activities associated with all Preventive Controls programs.
- Ensure compliance with applicable food safety regulatory requirements (Federal, State/Provincial and, Local)
- Use the LiveLink document control system to collect, maintain, and update corporate standard operating procedures, policies, and templates for all Food Safety related records used by Operating Company associates
- Provides oversight and training for maintaining facility cleanliness and sanitation standards.
- Routinely measures operational sanitation program compliance to ensure food is received, stored, handled and transported in a food-safe condition to customers and their patrons.
- Handle and oversee the product recall process to ensure timely communication and execution of product recalls and completion of related documentation
- Oversees vulnerability assessment, and develops mitigations for the Food Defense Program to ensure requirements are carried out in a timely, accurate manner to decrease the risk of Intentional Adulteration.
- Manage Syscos participation in the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), audits by BRC (Business Resource Center), independent third parties, customers, internal, and regulatory entities.
- Analyze results and gather corrective action plans for audit non-conformance.
- Review final results with Regional Food Safety Director
- Complete Regulatory Visit Report and document corrective and preventive action plans for non-conformances identified in Local, State/Provincial, Federal regulatory inspections.
- Conduct food safety observations of key associates performing food safety activities
- Routinely audit food safety practices (internal audits, cross-dock, and shuttle yard facility audits, delivery inspections) to objectively evaluate performance and provide feedback to other personnel as necessary to ensure compliance with Preventive Controls Program and any regulatory requirements (federal, state/provincial, and local)
- Provides data to support reporting on Operating Company Food Safety compliance and overall performance against food safety KPIs
- Deliver and track program training in SIU for all OpCo Key Role associates and supervisors with direct Food Safety program responsibilities
- Serve as the Food Safety customer lead at the Operating Company
- Verify the Food Safety capabilities, Food Safe conditions, and execution of food safety procedures of any potential third party warehouses that are intended to be used for over-flow storage.
- Routinely audit ongoing food safe conditions as well as operational food safety practices of all approved over-flow food storage warehouses.
- Follow-up promptly and thoroughly on food safety complaints from customers.
- Effectively communicate resolutions to internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Collaborate with Corporate Regional Director, Food Safety to complete annual Food Safety Program reassessments
- Communicate and implement required changes with Operating Company stakeholders and others as necessary
- Maintain effective working relationships with regulatory authorities, industry trade groups, suppliers, owned companies, internal stakeholders, and customers
- Complete other essential job functions as assigned.
- High School or GED Equivalent Required
- Preference will be given to candidates with an Associates or Bachelors degree (Food Science, Animal Science, Biological Science or related)
- In lieu of an Associates or Bachelors Degree, a combination of education and experience may be considered for candidates, provided that the candidate has demonstrated technical proficiency in the areas of food safety, food microbiology, food chemistry, animal science, biology, food defense, bacteriology, food processing technologies, and food regulations & policy.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Distribution Center Food Service Operations, Quality Assurance/Control, Research & Development, Food Production/Operations, Supply Chain, or related discipline.
- Internal Sysco candidates must have a minimum of three years of Sysco experience.
- Knowledge of product traceability
- HACCP, ServeSafe, FDA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual certification preferred
- Understanding of Food Safety regulations, laws, and best practices including those from FDA, USDA, CFIA, and other state/provincial/ local entities
- Basic knowledge of food microbiology, food safety, and food defense
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Valid drivers license. Certifications in Food Safety, HACCP and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Must be comfortable working independently with minimal oversight.
- Must have a high level of integrity and accountability, specifically the ability to speak and act with complete honesty and trustworthiness.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to adjust quickly to new circumstances.
- Must demonstrate active curiosity with a strong focus around proactively soliciting and acting on received feedback.
- Must have a very high level of maturity and be able to read an audience and adapt his/her communication and influencing style quickly and appropriately.
- Must have high energy and thrive on solving complex challenges.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments simultaneously, often with competing priorities.
- Must have superior communication, relationship building, and influencing skills.
- Must be open-minded, transparent and they will have exceptional listening skills.
- Must communicate ideas in a clear, practical and compelling manner.
- Must balance data, personalities, and conflicting interests when influencing others and recognize nuances in reading others.
- Must possess the highest level of integrity and character.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations in English.
- Must demonstrate the ability to write reports, business correspondence, policies, and procedures, as well as effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of associates, managers, customers, and suppliers.
- Must demonstrate the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals, as well as can compute rate, ratio, and percent and create and interpret graphs.
- Must demonstrate the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to use a personal computer and office communication equipment.
- The work requires the following physical activities: sitting, finger dexterity for activities such as data entry, speaking, hearing, visual acuity, and mobility between departments.
- Work may require bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, and crouching; extensive telephone work
- Ability to receive detailed information through both verbal and written communication, ability to express or exchange ideas using the spoken word
- Ability to lift to 50-75 lbs.
- The use of both hands is required.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
- This position may require travel to one or more Sysco facilities or Operating Companies.
- The work is performed primarily indoors.
- Occasionally some work may be performed for short periods in temperature controlled warehouse environments (freezer, cooler, and exterior environments).
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Plant audits/inspections and working at remote in-transit warehouses and Sysco Operating Companies contain both moderate/loud noise and exposure to fumes and mechanical hazards.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship
- Sysco is committed to providing comprehensive retirement and benefits programs, a stock purchase plan, product purchase discounts and much more
- Travel 10-15%; unless shared location which will be 40-60%.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Proud to be recognized as a Top Diversity Employer by DiversityJobs for the 2nd consecutive year!